Which card signifies that people are jealous of you?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

anas

Post by anas » Wed May 28, 2008 3:45 pm

farafina

Post by farafina » Wed May 28, 2008 5:05 pm

Could you tell me more about the spread your are using, and which cards you got?

Some cards reversed can represent envy and backbiting but it's not set in stone. The cards meanings change according to so many factors.

You should not automatically associate one meaning to one card. It doesn't work this way.

3 of cups reversed in some respect ( again, it could mean the opposite, that people around you love you dearly so you have to be careful) could be associated to envy from your surrounding.

anas

Post by anas » Thu May 29, 2008 7:17 am

I am using the rider waite dick... and I use the horseshoe spread and sometimes the 4 card spread.

squeaky

Post by squeaky » Thu May 29, 2008 11:12 pm

the page of swords can represent spite, and gossip

the 4 of cups can represent dissatisfactions, gossip and misinformation.

George

Re: Which card signifies that people are jealous of you?

Post by George » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:03 pm

anas wrote:Which card signifies that people are jealous of you?
i could imagine that the 3 of swords could mean a third person in between a relationship that you or spouse could be jealous, like others have said depends on the what you are asking, the spread, the deck etc.  :smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

kybunker

Post by kybunker » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:07 pm

I'm with george on this one,
I'm going to have to say 3 of swords maybe followed by the queen of swords, The jealous gossipy type.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:11 pm

I would not agree with you on Queen of Swords to be the jealous and gossipy type kybunker.
Sorry.

George

Post by George » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:50 pm

cedars wrote:I would not agree with you on Queen of Swords to be the jealous and gossipy type kybunker.
Sorry.
just of the top of my head i was thinking of the Queen of Swords as a powerful women (in business, in the household etc)  and with sword in hand a fighter.  

if you mix that in with the 3rd of sword you could read that as a women be the third party coming between two and jealously could easily come into the mix of that type of reading.

in my book on Tarot it reads as, widowhood, divorced woman, sense of loneliness and deprivation, the need to struggle.

and if you take that meaning with the 3 of swords you might just get another women in middle of a relationship or a relationship that is about to break up etc etc  all depends of the cards.

:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

kybunker

Post by kybunker » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:58 pm

"widowhood, divorced woman, sense of loneliness and deprivation, the need to struggle"

No sorry needed Cedars, That's why this forum is so great! We all get to see how we'd each interprete cards and spreads,

Depending on the cards pulled, I would interprete the queen of swords as said by george, I associate,jealousy, bitterness and gossipy along with this queen, Due to the 3 of swords.

I've got many Queens of Swords in my family, As I'm sure we all do,
I don't know one divorced woman from my family, that's not a bitter, jealous, gossip.

We aren't interpreting the Queen of Swords on her own, We are using the 3 of swords as a help card.

I'd think that If I pulled the Queen of Swords with the 10 of pentacles, that would be a very different story

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:26 pm

Agreed on those.
I was referring to the Queen of Swords on her own as a strong, self-assured and not a greatly emotional woman.

MysticalMoose

Post by MysticalMoose » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:01 pm

I have found on occasion for the Empress Reversed to signify jealousy in a possessive way inthat...the Empress nurtures & when reversed she..clings & smothers & will not let go....& when combined with the 7 Of Swords she is very manipulative too!
Love & Blessings
MysticalMoose xx

kristabella

Re: Which card signifies that people are jealous of you?

Post by kristabella » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:02 am

anas wrote:Which card signifies that people are jealous of you?
I dont think there is a particular card. To find out if someone is  jealous of you, I believe you would have to  consider the question being asked and then look at the cards you pull and consider how they play off of each other. For instance, if you did a reading about a a milestone in your life ( i.e a promotion) and you added a related person in the spread ( for instance, a friend) and the card you pull to represent how they would feel about the milestone is the 7 of wands ( instead of a card like the 3 of cups), that would be a very good indicator that the person is secretly jealous of you.

singerofpeace

Post by singerofpeace » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:57 am

I agree that there isn't one card that just hands down "means" that... I see the V of Swords sometimes as someone acting upon jealousy and greed perhaps, and sometimes I read The Moon as people trying to pull you down from where you feel you should be (that was so embarrassingly inarticulate)- peer pressure and the like...

But I find that the readings focus on the feelings of the client/read-ee, rather than the feelings of the people around them so much... for instance, if you FEEL like people are jealous of you, or you feel like people are taking advantage of you... it's so much a matter of personal choice though, so this is just my opinion :)

singerofpeace

Post by singerofpeace » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:49 am

I agree that there isn't one card that just hands down "means" that... I see the V of Swords sometimes as someone acting upon jealousy and greed perhaps, and sometimes I read The Moon as people trying to pull you down from where you feel you should be (that was so embarrassingly inarticulate)- peer pressure and the like...

But I find that the readings focus on the feelings of the client/read-ee, rather than the feelings of the people around them so much... for instance, if you FEEL like people are jealous of you, or you feel like people are taking advantage of you... it's so much a matter of personal choice though, so this is just my opinion :)

Return to “Tarot”