Do you think the on line tarot readings work?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Go2Michelle

Do you think the on line tarot readings work?

Post by Go2Michelle » Tue May 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Hey everyone!  
I'm pretty new here.  I thought I'd put out a question and see what I comes back.  Do you think the on-line tarot software works? What has been your experience?  And if any of you do use it...do you have any advice as to how to make the reading more accurate?  I know that buying a tarot deck is probably the most accurate…but  I just downloaded the tarot software of MB and I'm looking forward to using it. Seems like it will be fun…and while I’m at it…what type of on line software do you use that seems like it works?  Someone said they were having fun with the oracle?  

Thanks and have a great day everyone!

:smt006

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu May 08, 2008 6:46 am

Hmmmmmmm... being a member of Mystic Board, I dont think much of the MB tarot software (sorry) or any electronic reading software, as when the human element is missing, you are simply being given the book meanigs of the card. I dont like the MB software as it only gives you the choice of Major Arcana or Minor Arcana - not both, even though you can have readings with either, I just see it as a restriction.
I have tried the MB software and all my readings came out as the book meanings of the cards without any relation of each card to the other.

Anyhow, that is my opinion/experience so far. Hope others have had better experience.

cedars

Spellflinger

Post by Spellflinger » Fri May 09, 2008 11:51 pm

I also feel that the human element is vital to a meaningful reading.

farafina

Post by farafina » Sat May 10, 2008 2:29 pm

I prefer by far the actual human reading because I sense that something is happening while I am shuffling and laying out the cards. Also, because there is no meaning assigned to the cards (unlike the electronic tarot readings) I am able to concentrate on the cards and on the overall feeling they give out to me.

Also, when you are doing manual human readings , you are able to focus some more and pull out more cards for clarification of various matters.

For the electronic tarot programs, I am sorry to say I dont have a great connection to the MB tarot software, however, I was surprised to find that with the **** Tarot software(I dont want to be doing any advertising for another company sorry) where you can actually enter your own meanings, OR you can simply choose not to check the cards meaning, I am able to get accurate readings that confirm my human manual readings. I am also able to pick my own cards and lay them out in any spread I choose, and also, I can shuffle any number of time I wish to... So this program for some reason really works for me...
:)

moonlitestonight

Online software readings

Post by moonlitestonight » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:41 pm

I like to use them once in awhile for myself.  Very often I get good results.  I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason so if certain cards come "up" whether on the computer or through an actual deck, it is for a reason, a message, etc.   Moonlitestonight

Return to “Tarot”