Could I have help with a reading Please..

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

appylover

Could I have help with a reading Please..

Post by appylover » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:34 am

Tried to do a reading for my Sister but with the cards I pulled I'm not sure how to interpret them. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am pretty new at this so am still learning.

Did a Three Card Spread: Past,Present,Future.

Question was:" What should I know about my Health?"

Here are the cards I drew:  Past-King of Cups
                                       Present-Page of Wands
                                       Future-King of Wands
I am using the Rider Tarot Deck.

Thank You..

Gem

Re: Could I have help with a reading Please..

Post by Gem » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:30 pm

appylover wrote:Tried to do a reading for my Sister but with the cards I pulled I'm not sure how to interpret them. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am pretty new at this so am still learning.

Did a Three Card Spread: Past,Present,Future.

Question was:" What should I know about my Health?"

Here are the cards I drew:  Past-King of Cups
                                       Present-Page of Wands
                                       Future-King of Wands
I am using the Rider Tarot Deck.

Thank You..
What a lot of court cards! No wonder you found the interpretation difficult. The problem I have is two fold, one you are very close to your sister and two, the reading is about health. Perhaps a better question might be something like "what do I need to know to improve my health?" or "How can I improve my health?"

Sometimes readings are not meant to be and asking questions about health is really a no go area when reading for someone else. But any reading having all court cards may be indicating that personalities or people are a main feature.

eidhneán ini

Post by eidhneán ini » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:20 pm

I'm a novice but hopefully this can be of some help.  

Past-King of Cups - Indicates worrying, crankiness and a feeling of lack of support; fearing the worst; dr. appt. happened?

Present - Page of Wands - will need attention; upset stomach

Future - King of Wands - many wands suggest a stage of development; tension headaches, lower backaches; new treatment or exercise regiment to be suggested; be self-confident

I think that depending on the severity of whatever is ailing your sister, you may want to think about a different spread, or as Gem said, rephrasing the question.   I think you have 2 options: very vague, such as how do I improve my health or very specific how do I deal with [insert condition]?  

I admit I got most of this from a book I always use and trust......but the self-confident part........I think is essential in any of life's trials.   :smt002

Gem brought up an interesting point also about how maybe this has more to do with a personality trait than an actual illness.

appylover

Post by appylover » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:10 pm

Thank you very much for your reply's.
If I had phrased the question different such as "What do I need to know to improve my health?". How would the same cards that were drawn be interpreted to relate to the question asked?
Also, if the court cards may be indicating that personalities or people are a main feature then how would that relate to the question asked? Or would it? And if it doesn't than what would I tell the person I was reading for?
Would I need to re-shuffle and draw different cards?

Sorry for all the questions. I really want to learn all I can so I'll know the right way to give a tarot reading.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:35 pm

I would suggest, from my own experience, if you cannot connect with the first set of cards spread in front of you, then by all means re-shuffle and try again, having in mind to repharse your question too.

This happens to me sometimes when I am reading for someone else:  I cannot link in with the cards. I put them back in their box and go off doing my daily chores. Then I come back and reshufflt and either do a different spread or try the same spread again.

Try and see how you link in. I believe the cards will still give you their intended message with a different set of cards. Oh, and I have had situations where I have had the same cards in different layouts etc... Now, that is telling me to sit and listen to them!

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:30 am

appylover wrote:Thank you very much for your reply's.
If I had phrased the question different such as "What do I need to know to improve my health?". How would the same cards that were drawn be interpreted to relate to the question asked?
Also, if the court cards may be indicating that personalities or people are a main feature then how would that relate to the question asked? Or would it? And if it doesn't than what would I tell the person I was reading for?
Would I need to re-shuffle and draw different cards?

Sorry for all the questions. I really want to learn all I can so I'll know the right way to give a tarot reading.
Hi,

Why not take the free Learn Tarot Course here on Mystic Board?

Once you have dealt the cards you cannot change the question as the cards laid will only be significant to the actual question asked.

appylover

Post by appylover » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:26 am

:smt006  Thanks Gem, Eidhnean ini, and Cedars for all your help.
I have been taking the free Learn Tarot class, and enjoy it very much.

Thanks again.........

Return to “Tarot”