Which decks do you have?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

a_dream_painter

Post by a_dream_painter » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:21 pm

Here is my List:  http://www.amazon.com/a-dream-painter-s ... 20-8417668

~a dream painter~

Carla

Post by Carla » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:04 pm

I have the Rider-Waite, The Gilded Tarot, The Goddess Tarot, and The Sacred Circle Tarot.

Kate55

Post by Kate55 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:36 pm

Here is the list of my tarot cards:

Ryder Waite
Druidcraft Tarot - favourite
Gilded Tarot
Aquarian Tarot- not keen on this one
Withes Tarot

I havent been learning the tarot for very long but just feel compelled to buy them

Bright Blessings
Kate

quintanet

My Decks

Post by quintanet » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:03 pm

My first deck, The Arthurian, was dowsed for me by a psychic and bought for me by my husband 7 years.  It is still the deck I turn to for the best personal readings.

Since then I've added:
Goddess
Osho Zen
Cosmic Tribe
Rider-Waite-Smith - giant sized!

I'm trying to follow a tarot course now using RWS.  I see why they are recommended for beginners because they are so full of symbolism that most of us can relate too.  However, the Cosmic Tribe is the one I am most attracted too - the images are striking and I feel I can connect with them really well.

Jan
From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity.  Edvard Munch

ghotie

Post by ghotie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:44 am

I love collecting tarot decks! The artwork is so beautiful.  These are the decks that I have:

Golden Tarot- absolutely gorgeous collage artwork with gilded card edges
Nigel Jackson tarot
Legend- Arthurian tarot
The light and Shadow Tarot
the Rohrig Tarot - the artwork is stunning and sexy!
Whimisical tarot
The Vertigo Tarot - gothic dark and mysterious
Osho Zen tarot
Spiral tarot
Tarot of the Trance
Goddess Tarot  - one of my favs
Quick and easy tarot
Gendron Tarot
Ancestral path tarot
Haindl tarot

lexie1234

Post by lexie1234 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:34 am

hi gem i got the ijj swiss deck..

i have got no clue about it,is it possible that you can tell me some information about my deck.....

thankyou

lexie

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:31 am

Hi Lexie :)  Try this link, it shows pictures and has reviews http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/1j ... ndex.shtml
Its based on the oiriginal Marseilles tarot :)

lexie1234

Post by lexie1234 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:46 pm

thanks gem i am now more familar with the deck i got:)

lexie

Rev_Vesta

My Tarot decks.....

Post by Rev_Vesta » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:08 am

I started off with The Celtic tarot, it was ok but I didn't really like the minor arcana, not much symbology within them, tried Rider Waite for awhile but felt uncomfortable...... ended up giving both of those decks to friends...... then one day I looked at a g/fs decks She had Native American tarot by Magda Weck Gonzales..... I picked them up, did a reading immediately without looking at the book, they spoke very loudly within me...... my friend was amazed...... I went from struggling with Rider Waite to be completely accurate without even taking a small peek at the book with this deck..... so after three nights dreaming about the deck I purchased a set and have never looked back... I have included Sacred Path Cards and Wolf Song Pack with Vision Quest Tarot...
Now have also Osho Zen tarot
                     Universial Love Tarot (Toni Solerno)
(Have several of his decks- Magdalene Oracle and Crystal Oracle)
4 of Doreen Virtue Decks
Crystal Ally Cards by Naisha Ahsian
Tea leaf fortune cards.....

Now when I pick up a new deck, I meditate with them for awhile..... then I take once card at a time an step into it when I return I write down how I feel about the card, what happened, what i saw etc.... That's how I learn to use a new deck now Taken from Richard Andersons book on tarot and Quabbalah.......
Love and Light,
Namaste
Rev_Vesta........

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:30 pm

Hi Rev Vesta,

Welcome to Mystic Board :)

I think that you are right, from your experiences it does feel better to have a deck that speaks to you on some level. But, is that really reading tarot one might ask? Or is it symbology and psychic impressions? If one does not know the meaning of 4 wands or 3 swords but says the impressions a picture gives isn't that something different?

brittneyblr

Post by brittneyblr » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:57 pm

I'm completely new to all of this i just received these cards from my aunt, they belong to my great grandmother but they are just a regular set of playing cards with a Gong Hee Fot Choy book and chart. I've just started to explore the book and learn what meaning to associate with what card and suit. But using these cards rather than buying my own seems like a good idea to me because i have a connection to them. But like i said I'm brand new to all of this if some one could give me some advice about using these cards i would greatly appreciate it

tlkandler

Post by tlkandler » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:53 am

I have used the Rider Waite, Faeries Oracle and The Enchanted Tarot.

The RW I was confused with so I gave them to my neice.  Strange how a lot of people who have posted here have had difficulties of some sort with the RW.  Does someone have any ideas about that?

The Faeries Oracle are nice, but they just don't call to me.

The Enchanted Tarot is the one that I use most.  The only problem I have with them is that they are large.  I evidently have small hands, but I manage.
Payewacker (I hope I spelled that correctly) this deck might interest you.  They are beautifully done as tapestries designed by Amy Zerner.

I've recently noticed (since I have little experience with other decks) that The Enchanted Tarot has an extra card per suit...  The Princess.  Can someone tell me how these extra cards can help or hinder in a reading?  Maybe I need to find a more 'basic' deck to work with.

BB
Lena

Rev_Vesta

Yes agree...

Post by Rev_Vesta » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:18 am

I use the Tarot cards or any Oracle Cards intuitively, yes I  use them just as a tool to connect with HIGH SELF A key a trigger that I am ready to open and recieve information within........
I see what you mean.... about not really reading the tarot as the meanings from a book but reading them individually as an impresssion of the person you are reading for.......
That was quite thought provoking message Gem... had to read your message twice, not really thought about it before, just do it......
Thanks for that.... tha's what i like about like-minded people they make you think, use this brain of mine stop it from going to sleep..lol
Love and Light,
Namaste
Rev_Vesta........

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:36 am

brittneyblr wrote:I'm completely new to all of this i just received these cards from my aunt, they belong to my great grandmother but they are just a regular set of playing cards with a Gong Hee Fot Choy book and chart. I've just started to explore the book and learn what meaning to associate with what card and suit. But using these cards rather than buying my own seems like a good idea to me because i have a connection to them. But like i said I'm brand new to all of this if some one could give me some advice about using these cards i would greatly appreciate it
Hi,  Welcome to Mystic Board :)

This is a system of fortune telling with normal playing cards, similar to tarot, but with only 56 cards not 78. The book should tell you how to play the game :)  http://www.guntheranderson.com/cards/feb97/gong.htm

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:39 am

tlkandler wrote:I have used the Rider Waite, Faeries Oracle and The Enchanted Tarot.

The RW I was confused with so I gave them to my neice.  Strange how a lot of people who have posted here have had difficulties of some sort with the RW.  Does someone have any ideas about that?
Hi Lena,

I think that the Rider Waite is the easiest and most obvious deck to read. Every card has a picture, even the pips, and they are really so easy to understand?  A bit boring maybe lacking in colour but using the Radiatn Waite or the Universal Waite usually sorts that :)  And once the RW has been mastered any other deck is easy :)

Return to “Tarot”