Scariest cards!

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Which is the scariest Major Arcana, the one you dislike or hate the most in a reading?

Death
3%
Hanged Man
5%
The Tower
46%
The Hierophant
2%
The Devil
25%
The Chariot
No votes
The Fool
3%
The Magician
No votes
None of the above
16%

Total votes: 61

Gem

Scariest cards!

Post by Gem » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:23 pm

Which are the scariest or most disliked cards for you from the Major Arcana and why those? Does it matter which deck they are from or is it any deck?

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:39 pm

I like them all.

Innercat

Disliked cards

Post by Innercat » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:23 pm

I read the Motherpeace Tarot, a very gentle and affirming deck (especially if you are female), so all cards generally point to ways to improve life and work with the goddess.  However, the Devil and the Heirophant point to strong shadow sides at work, and these are difficult for all of us - of course just how "scary" the card is depends on it's position.  In fact, some positions may point to a breakthrough and a passage through a dark time.  So, to make a short story long, just as tough times are imminent in life, these cards are absolutely essential to a deck.  Fear or love?  The choice is always ours to make.

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:23 pm

The Devil in the  Celestial deck (not all decks) this is because he reminds me so much of some one.  :smt084   The Tower also but i suppose any deck for that one the break down and change it brings just depresses me thinking about it :smt089

daisythorn

Post by daisythorn » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:07 am

for me, the worst card is the tower, in any deck.  It generally has the same meaning all the way around, dealing with sudden and often terrifying change.  I see it as a scary card, personally, because I hate change!  (I guess I'm getting set in my ways)...hee, hee.
"Do not go gentle into that good night"

gypsydreamer

The Tower!

Post by gypsydreamer » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:37 pm

I agree 100% with Daisythorn..every time the tower has shown up (way too often for me!) not-so-good things happen.  In 2003-to 2005 I ended up having to move 10 times!  And I was always getting the tower in my readings then.  I've not done much with my cards lately; maybe I should be brave and see...
Live, Love, Laugh

bleudiamond

Post by bleudiamond » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:51 pm

why would the chariot be scary? lol and i guess the tower is scariest for me, the moon being number 2 : P

Botyfltiger

Post by Botyfltiger » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:30 pm

bleudiamond wrote:why would the chariot be scary? lol and i guess the tower is scariest for me, the moon being number 2 : P
I had a good giggle with this question. ONLY cause my experience with the Chariot wasn't the best when I first started reading the cards.
I started reading in 1999 and from the first shuffle of the cards I pulled the Chariot. Not having a CLUE as to what the cards really ment at the time. I later found out that the Chariot is my birth connection card. My Astro card. Cancer :smt019 Why can he/she be scary?
If your not prepared or willing to use your will power to manifest the things in your life to be more positive. You'll get to out of control and boged down into the sitution.
What I found out the Chariot was telling me was. Stop being so darn attached to every situition!  :smt090  :smt117

Attachment I would say is the scary part of the Chariot. letting go of the past, stop dwelling on the same ol, same ol.

That is just my take though.
Peace and Love,
Botyfltiger
Things Happen for a reason.

Ani

Post by Ani » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:18 pm

its deffinitelly The Fool. Everytime I pull it out something bad is sure to happen.

weezerwall

Scariest Card

Post by weezerwall » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:51 am

:smt009   I picked the TOWER because it's generally meant "suffering" and lots of tears - regardless of the deck.   :smt089  

On the other hand, the TOWER is a strict but GOOD teacher - keeps me on my toes and warns me  NOT TO HOLD ON to ANYTHING too tightly.

Some of the Minor Arcana cards (like the 3 and 5 of Swords or the 5 of Cups) have always been "more painful".

The images in some decks are certainly more "frightening" than in others.

:) Warmest,
Weezer
Last edited by weezerwall on Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

weezerwall

Scariest Card - The Devil

Post by weezerwall » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:55 am

The DEVIL in this deck (Hanson Roberts ) SCARES THE WITS OUT OF ME - TOO!!  :smt003
Attachments
The Devil -.jpg
The Devil -.jpg (14.1 KiB) Viewed 5334 times

Katie07

Scary Cards

Post by Katie07 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:38 am

This is why I'm glad the registration process for free software works the way it does.  I didn't even feel qualified to vote on the scariest card because it is all so new to me. I can already see I will probably learn more in MB than from any software.

Thanks

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:18 pm

Hi Katie you probably will. Its much more fun to share and intereact with people i think?

Iwill have to dig out some pics of my scariest cards.....

Botyfltiger

10 of Cups?

Post by Botyfltiger » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:43 pm

What if I said that I have little fear of ALL the cards out of the 78, untill I did a deeper meaning on the 10 of cups and now I dread the thought of the card being in a reading for me.

I know just about everyone reads this card as a happily ever after, great loving households, good family life, abundance ect..

What I see and what most people don't is that rainbow.
Rainbows AREN'T everlasting. They disapear, they are only at the moment type of an illusion.
So for me when I see the 10 of cups it is warning me that the happiness I may be recieving or giving at the moment isn't going to last, is going to and will disapear into thin air right in front of me.
Any one else have this issue with the 10 of Cups?
Peace
Things Happen for a reason.

Sarielle

Post by Sarielle » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:51 am

I mostly use the Thoth deck, and the Hanged Man is the scariest card in my opinion. Actually, I find that card totally repulsive. I don't have a problem with any of the other cards - the Devil is actually a pretty nice, mischievous card, and while the Tower can mean inner turmoil and painful change, I find that card oddly comforting and reassuring: "just hold onto it; when the pain's over, things will be a lot better than they used to be."

But the Hanged Man. To me, the card represents someone who's just totally helpless in a situation of total mental inertia, with no possibility for transformation. On top of that, the Hanged Man represents someone who actually enjoys the situation because he's so preoccupied with all the material stuff and established values that he doesn't even care for any spiritual development.

That sort of a state of being is just outright scary in my opinion.

Return to “Tarot”