Oracle Cards

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Oracle Cards

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:33 pm

Oracle Cards.

Often confused with Tarot cards but they are really totally different!

Tarot uses symbology and has a fixed 22 card Major Arcana and 56 card Minor Arcana making a total of 78 cards in all. Tarot shows the whole picture, good and not so good, positive and negative. From cards like The Devil and Death and The Tower, it is easy to see where Tarot has got its sometimes dark reputation from?

Oracles can vary from 8 cards to sometimes 100! They usually have messages and meanings on each one. And are much lighter and positive cards. Many are Angel Oracles and Flower Oracles and Crystal Oracles.

Do you have any? Which are your favourites? Which would you recommend?

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:36 pm

I love my oracles, I can see that not many seem to have found this thread or perhaps no-one else has oracles?  I think my favourites are the crystal oracles, great messages :)

Psydes212

Post by Psydes212 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:12 am

Hi! :)

I used to have Oracle cards, and was thinking about getting some new ones. The one I had, "Magical Mermaid and Dolphin" Oracle cards by Doreen Virtue.. they were great, and so beautiful!!

I heard the " Archangel Oracle Cards" by Doreen Virtue were very accurate and great too.

Both are 44 card decks

I really need to buy some more.

I have tons of tarot cards, need to add to my collection of cards lol
:-)

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:42 am

Heehee tends to get compulsive doesn't it? lol. What are your interests? I might be able to point you at a deck you might like?

Psydes212

Post by Psydes212 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:53 pm

There are just so many different decks that I am drawn to.

I like cards that are very colorful, and that speak to me.. like having lots of symbols, colors, just lots of "junk" on it lol

Like for instance, if you have ever seen the Cosmic Tarot deck.. its so beautiful and each card is heavily filled with diff colors and symbols. When I read with those I tend to focus more on the cards than I do on the question. I have two decks I use stricly for myself, Cosmic and Prague tarot cards. Both are gorgeous.

As a theme for the Oracle cards, I would like something with the sea, mermaids, dolphins.. nature. Ocean life type of things. I would love to see one with a seahorse theme, bet those would be pretty. :)

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Here is what I save for.....but way to expensive for me yet.... :)

Tarot of dreams.
Attachments
Tarot of dreams pictures.jpg
Tarot of dreams pictures.jpg (148.15 KiB) Viewed 3376 times
Last edited by Rhutobello on Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Psydes212

Post by Psydes212 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:58 pm

Wow that sure is a beautiful deck.

Hope you get it soon :):):)

:smt002

Draco32

Post by Draco32 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:44 pm

I don't own oracle cards, but I had a reading done by a friend of mine with Doreen Virtue's Goddess Oracle cards on two different occasions. Both readings were very accurate.

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:43 am

I love my Goddess cards, they give a lovely helpful reading :)   Very simple and to the point.

Tinkerbell_xx

Post by Tinkerbell_xx » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:11 am

:smt006
Hi there,
I own a set of Archangel Cards. My Husband bought them for me a little while ago.
I started reading the book the minute i got home and i found it a struggle to put it down if i needed to do something... It felt really strange.
I really love my cards and was just about getting somewhere with them the my life seemed to just get hectic and i wasn't able to concentrate properly, So i put them away untill things calm down again. which will be soon i hope...Lol.
If im upset or worried about something i sometimes just get them out and sit and look through them all. I don't know why but they just seem to calm me a little

daisythorn

Post by daisythorn » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:52 am

I'm not sure if they are considered "oracle cards", but I absolutely can't get enough of the "medicine cards" by Jamie Sams and David Carson.  I have owned three different decks of them over the years, (for various reasons, giving them away, leaving them behind).  I'm about to buy another deck as my puppy discovered his totem animals while I was away at work the other day!
"Do not go gentle into that good night"

sternrulez

Post by sternrulez » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:28 am

I recently picked up an oracle deck from OneSpirit (which is an INCREDIBLE site for new age literature,by the way :) ) called the 2013 Oracle and am quite pleased with it.  The colors of the cards are vibrant and nothing short of breathtaking, and the African/jungle theme brings something new to divination that I have yet to see duplicated with such beauty elsewhere..
The most knowledgeable person is the one who admits he knows nothing...

Mystic Meg

Post by Mystic Meg » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:10 pm

daisythorn wrote:I'm not sure if they are considered "oracle cards", but I absolutely can't get enough of the "medicine cards" by Jamie Sams and David Carson.  I have owned three different decks of them over the years, (for various reasons, giving them away, leaving them behind).  I'm about to buy another deck as my puppy discovered his totem animals while I was away at work the other day!
They are lovely, have you tried combining the reading with The Sacred Path Cards too by Jamie? They really compliment a reading and give such a depth of wisdom its spooky!

Meg

Mystic Meg

Post by Mystic Meg » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:11 pm

sternrulez wrote:I recently picked up an oracle deck from OneSpirit (which is an INCREDIBLE site for new age literature,by the way :) ) called the 2013 Oracle and am quite pleased with it.  The colors of the cards are vibrant and nothing short of breathtaking, and the African/jungle theme brings something new to divination that I have yet to see duplicated with such beauty elsewhere..
I love the parrots, what pretty cards.
aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/2013-oracle/

Meg

Magewyntyr

Post by Magewyntyr » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:13 am

I have the Fairy Oracle by Brian Froud. I love his art work!!! His art was the basis for many of the characters in the movie The Labyrinth.

worldoffroud.com/www/faeries/oracle/index.cfm

It's a very nice deck. I hope to one day sit down and play with it more. (of course I have to find it first)

Wyntyr

Return to “Tarot”