The deck I love or the easier one?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

BLACKCAT

The deck I love or the easier one?

Post by BLACKCAT » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:04 pm

Hello all,

I have a question for anyone who knows about different decks. I have tarot of the cat people and feel very close to this deck, but i also find it very hard to interpret. I was told  that tarot of the cat people was a very hard deck to use, and to get an easier deck. Well i did and it was easier to read, but i don't feel connected to this deck at all. I made it it's own bag and did all I'm suppose to do, but i love my cat deck.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Should I commit myself to the easier one or the one i'm drawn to? I would never want to give an inaccurate reading because i was misreading the cards.

with respect,
blackcat  :smt026

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:14 pm

Hi Blackcat

I have several tarot decks, the one i am learning with is the Giovanni Caselli deck which is closely based on the Rider Waite Tarot deck. My favourite deck the one I was really drawn too when I first started learning the tarot is the Aurthrian Tarot. I really love this tarot deck and use it for my own personal readings. It is not as easy to read as a standard deck but that is when your intuition comes in. Look at the deck that you have and feel what the cards are saying to you.

I have looked at your tarot deck and it is a beautiful deck and the symbols are closely related to the Rider Waite too. Go with your intuition as to what suits you, and Im sure that Samantha will agree with me on that too.

I have also recently purchased the Tarot of Dreams which I think is just beautiful. My daughter and I are going through the cards together and she is finding them good to read, she is very much a novice however in recent weeks has become interested in my hobby and we are doing this together now.

If you would like to join us in this class please do, we have all gone a bit quiet in here at the moment but we are all here to help.

Return to “Tarot”