to speak or not to speak

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:12 pm

pirbid wrote:.
If you are interested in becoming a 'Featured Reader' then please PM one of the Board Moderators and they will tell you more about the scheme.
The part I am a bit unsure off, is the above.

If we shall have it with us, then I think it has to be stated something like this; one ground rule before applying, or asking, to be "Featured Reader", is to show "long standing" eg more then 100(suggestion) post, and that at least 25(suggestion) of them have been readings.

Today we have no real "application board" for Readers, and they have only been given to two very long standing members, who have shown good quality:)

Of course there is other who also can get such tittle, (PW,CoL, and Pirbid), but maybe we have to put it into some sort of "rules first", and we must also have in mind, that such a tittle make oneself more responsible toward the site, because they then are official accepted representatives of the site.

I think I shall open up a forum for you 3 to discuss it more open.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:33 pm

:) Oh, I see what you mean.

This point was already included in Gem's initial sticky, with the provision to contact her if someone was interested, so I thought to change that personal contact to the more general 'forum mods'.

However, I agree with your prerequisites before one can request to be featured. So I am wondering whether it wouldn't be simpler to just delete that part: since not many people will qualify, it would be better to leave it to the admins/mods to privately offer the post to already proven readers. Just as it is done for mods, really.

If it can't be offered to that many people, there really isn't much point in explaining or making a public offer. It might prevent disappointments. I am sure no one wonders why Cedars is a featured reader, since most given readings are his. And I don't suppose he is very much envied, for that matter  :smt083 (my poor overloaded friend...).

Honorable as the post is, I don't believe I could take it up right now, at least not while I am still trying to update some of the Tarot forums with everyone's help. I am forever thankful for my big Mac screen where I can keep at least two Mystic pages open and in sight at once!  :smt024

Anyway, let's see what the others have to say about this.

Thank you, our Board's Saviour  :smt002

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:48 pm

As far as Readers go, the Board has never put restrictions to newcomers and existing members to give readings.....So, on that aspect the arena has always been open to all. Unfortunately, most come and then disappear...........

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:10 pm

I think to also leave the Reader aspect 'open' so that that querents could receive readings from any willing member, new, old, featured or not, and not feel that they should ask only from a Featured Reader, in which case a lot of pressure would be put on the so-called Featured Readers.

Just airing my thoughts.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:09 pm

:) I believe I am now clear about the above point, considering the points made on the discussion thread. Awaiting any further instructions, if any.

Any comments on the rest of the guidelines? They would be very welcome.

Hugs  :smt020

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:08 am

The different colors do work well. It highlights some of the more important guidelines, making them stand out.

For No. 3, it may be a good idea for the reader to post and say, "Hi. I'm soandso and will be happy to do a reading for you. Please give me a couple of hours to get back to you." That way, the poster and other readers know someone is working on the post. That'll avoid multiple readings on one post.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:38 am

Some of us do that already :)

And by 'multiple readings' we meant different types of readings rather than multiple readings of the same kind, i.e. tarot in this case...

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:02 am

:) Hi!

Still here, taking notes like mad :smt024

I am glad you like the highlighted bits, AyeCantSeeYou. Let's see if we get any other comments on them. I just thought it would be a help for those who hate long readings.

I make a note of your suggestion, since, as Cedars says, some of us are already doing it, just to let each other know we are looking into a specific reading. Sometimes we also give a slight indication that we aren't really inspired by the question (or a bit too overloaded with other work) and would welcome another reader to take over! (right, Cedars? :smt002 ).

However, it is true that the few of us giving readings right now (we tend to change with time), get on specially well with each other and have no trouble giving three or more sided readings, since we usually agree on most points, although it is best to leave a question to each reader, in order to avoid confusion.

And we do try to respect previous readings given shortly before on other forums and not butt in with our own within a month from the first. That is why we check previous posts by a querent, if any.

Goody, goody, things are beginning to take shape, guys. You are being great! Any other comments, you little shy people? Out with them  :smt002

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am

Today is one of my Ur-Anus days, and you won't beleive me, but I got lost on the topic being discussed.

Again, I think we should in any event have professional courtesy to our fellow readers, not only on this forum, but all the others. Cedars, yes you remember the last one we discussed, just shows you, the cards don't lie?

I hope that they are also keen to impart on us, the same courtesy.

Blessed be.

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:19 pm

Payewacker wrote:Today is one of my Ur-Anus days, and you won't beleive me, but I got lost on the topic being discussed.
:smt005  Payewacker, you made me laugh when I read that.

As a clarification on my post about No. 3, I was thinking about those that don't normally read and post on this site. I could just see someone 'new' posting a reading after a regular here already has.  :smt011

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Oh my dear AyeCAnt.... we have had that at some stage in the past..... and there have been some contradictory debates...... we have also had challenges that who would predict this or that correctly....... Yes, we have had them.....
Arent humans so complex and wondeful?
:)))))))))))

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:08 pm

As Cedars said, we had this topic, and lengthy discussions.

As far as i'm concerned "shit happens", so, tell the tale? Unless you feel insecure or doubt your reading abilities!!

Blessed be.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:18 am

Hello,  I have just been reading through the thread and you guys have done alot of work thrashing out the issues.

I think its important to remember that the guidelines are there to protect the readers and to give the querants boundaries.

I have a different set of rules in the picture reading forum because its premise is slightly different to tarot and pyschic forums.
I don't want to be a featured reader because I lost confidence after my head injury and feel I am better at problem solving than
divination.  Thats why i stopped doing readings (just in case you wondered).  I have recomenced picture readings recently however.

I think I have never discouraged any potential new readers and have quietly overseen new peoples readings and given quiet advice in the background when i have been
concerned.  I have always felt my job was to quietly and unobtrusively nip and tuck at potential problems and front out overt hostility.  I also as a moderator felt my role was in the background and if you guys didn't see what i was doing then i was doing it well.  I also believe my role as a moderator was to support the readers and be there for them when they felt they had issues and deal with the situations.

Thank you Cedars, Pirbid and Payewacker and all the others that have worked so hard to make sense of the forum.

Suzi

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:34 am

Hoorah... Hoorah Suzi!

Bless you and I had always known still water ran deep :)

Hugs

Cedars

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:53 pm

cedars wrote:Oh my dear AyeCAnt.... we have had that at some stage in the past..... and there have been some contradictory debates...... we have also had challenges that who would predict this or that correctly....... Yes, we have had them.....
Arent humans so complex and wondeful?
:)))))))))))
I absolutely love how everyone is their own person. If we were all the same, we wouldn't need to be here.

Return to “Tarot”