Reading for Others

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

renjer

Post by renjer » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:02 pm

StormGirl Blue wrote:Renjer,

We are actually in the wrong room for readings..
This is the forum page we should be on http://mysticboard.org/viewforum.php?f=63
That would be an excellent place for you to refine your skills..
That's great, I will be checking it out.

StormGirl Blue

Post by StormGirl Blue » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi Cassie.. :) Ty for the clarification.. what ever the technicalities of the words, it really is a much nicer word than client isnt it

StormGirl Blue

Post by StormGirl Blue » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi Renjer,

I believe I might have left out a very important piece of advice.
When reading for others you need to put self away.
eg, Your interpretation of the reading you did on the reading room was spot on.. but ending that with "how did I do" was not so good.
That comes across more like reading for a party trick and not from a place of love.
If you dont mind me being picky, it did seem to lack a little empathy. This was a situation where an acknowledgment of the ladys feelings that she shared would have been appropriate.

Your interpretation of the cards was perfect.

renjer

Post by renjer » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Thanks, will keep this in mind.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi Renger,

I don't want to comment on the way in which you read and interprited the cards you were presented with, for your "distant querant".

Maybe you would ask, but why? All of us interprit the cards unique, for a specific querant. How to "connect"? That is also entirely how you would "feel" at the time you consider the reading for your querant.

The most important to remeber, you truly need to maintain being neutral, it might sound cruel or cold, but don't allow yourself to sway in a specific direction, when doing the reading.

I see you also use the Celtic Cross. This is the only spread I've used for my readings, tried to do others, but once u've come to understand the CC, you have a good source of information.

I compiled "tutorials", for the lack of a better word, on the CC. But you should also understand the value of each "house".

Go have a look see under the Sticky "Tarot Topics" and specifically this one

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZyu ... xZHM&hl=en

You can also go to this link:

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... .php?f=123

I've been "of the charts" for some time! But will be continuing very soon!

The Celtic Cross is based on the first ten letters of the Hebrew alphabet. It originates in the Archytepal, transfers to the existential and then finalises in the cosmic.

As I progress, I edit the "TEMPLATES" My suggestion is that you guide yourself through the numbers I've already defined. All the info is free and is published on Google Doc's. If you can glean information, have questions and suggestions, let us shre info, as I'm also still learning.

Blessed be.
Do as you want, Harm none!

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:48 pm

StormGirl Blue wrote:Hi Cassie.. :) Ty for the clarification.. what ever the technicalities of the words, it really is a much nicer word than client isnt it
OMG my clients are never called that to their face! I only use when speaking to colleagues or other readers same with any term really I spose? In fact I don't really address the people that come to me for readings by anything other than their name :)

Cassie
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

StormGirl Blue

Post by StormGirl Blue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:22 am

Cascade of Light wrote:
StormGirl Blue wrote:Hi Cassie.. :) Ty for the clarification.. what ever the technicalities of the words, it really is a much nicer word than client isnt it
OMG my clients are never called that to their face! I only use when speaking to colleagues or other readers same with any term really I spose? In fact I don't really address the people that come to me for readings by anything other than their name :)

Cassie
lol.. yes that is icky.. I cant imagine starting a conversation with "hello client", or recall a time I have, not for any of my service types.
I have two business psychic services and services for psychics, more or less. My "psychic" clients aren't anything else than clients except peers. Well Ive never had one express disappointed in being referred to as a client in a third person situation.
 But you never know.. there are some delicate egos out there. I never thought they might not like it.. maybe I should ask them..lol

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:06 am

Let me try this one...

Question: What should StormGirl do about her disillusionment with her career?

Using no spread positions and the Legacy deck I got:

10 of Swords reversed
5 of Wands reversed
The Empress
My interpretation on this one using the Rider Waite:

10 of Swords – Reversed –
If the upright position of this card signified end of a journey, albeit an unpleasant one – and in that end one finds oneself being cynical to the Universe to even say, what next by way of misfortune or bad luck? I feel in its reversed position this is telling me that that the querent (or the seeker) is somehow clinging on to a state of self-pity and unwilling to stand up and face the music. After all, in the upright position the 10 of Swords, the befallen, has no other option but to get up and march ahead; after reaching that state, there is nowhere else to go but Up and Onwards. To me, the reversed state suggests that the querent may be either wallowing in that state of ‘defeat’ or is unwilling to see that the next step is to face the sun for it is rising there on the horizon. Whichever way you look at this card, the sunrise is closer to the fallen person than the dark skies.

5 of Wands – Reversed –
I find the upright of this card not too alarming; it is competition, debates, discussions which could lead to a successful outcome if all put to good use. In its reversed position I feel the arguments and debates may be lingering on a little bit longer than is necessary, so much so that if they are not taken care of, or taken seriously, they may lead to a state of stalemate or no result. Look at the wands in the upright position and consider the possible shape the wands would take – a pentacle – if the debates and arguments were meant in good spirit and for the purposes of achieving success.

The Empress: a very positive card which is nurturing, earthy, mothering and the feminine in you – whether you are male or female. This is the creativity card, the giver of life and abundance. Following the previous two cards and if the advice followed, the Empress comes to seal a successful result to those efforts. But with everything else, the prediction is that the outcome of the question asked is positive, but with the proviso that the Ten of Swords and the Five of Wands are made to stand upright – that is in the hands of the querent and no one else’s.

Dear StormGirl and Renjer
We usually don’t come in to counter interpret others’ readings on this forum. As this was a test or trial reading from Renjer and which she requested further inputs, I am doing this only for those reasons.
I hope this did mean something to you StormGirl as well. By the way, thank you for your kind words about me and you over rate me with your generosity. I am new to the tarot and I know there is A LOT to learn.
Oh, and by the way, I am a he and not a she  :smt005

renjer

Post by renjer » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi, I'm a "he" as well. :)

Thanks for your insights, cedars, I usually tend to become a bit confused regarding reversed cards. Yet, not using them makes tarot feel very incomplete...

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi Renjer,

There are a lot of he's on this forum, don't you just LOVE IT? In that sense, the he's tend to give a more "hard and fast"--practicall flavour! :smt004

This thread has adressed a few matters, which in fact has already been answered, you must just browse around, and you may find some information to help you.

As for "naming" the "subject" or person to be read? I always introduce myself on a first name basis, and also use the name the querant gives me. It is important to have a personal but "arms-length" relationship with your querant. Also, I keep a record of all my readings, under the person's name. Then, should the person need more advice, just go and check the reading, most of the times, you may find the answer there.

Something interesting, is to actually monitor the progress of your querant through the spread. Once you've established in which house your querant is presently, you are able to give instruction and advice, based on the remaining cards. This rings true for the CC and a few other spreads.

As for a spread to use, or, compile, is entirily up to you. However, the placement of each card should be well defined. How can you picture a route to follow, if you don't have road signs?

The Pshycic connection, this is an important matter for anyone doing divination, in any form. The mere fact that you have been drawn to read Tarot is already an indication that you have phsycic abilities!! When I try to connect to any querant, be they with me, or in or on another continent, is to sit quietily, and ask for guidance. Interesting is that I receive "snapshots" of a certain activity or environment at some time.
However, I'm by no means strictly guided by these "snapshots", At times I'm on the dot, at other times just a total blank. When this happens, I read the cards but in "theory", later I may receive a revelation. Receiving revelations, takes totally different "items" or what-nots, One day an indicatoer of a truck, gave me direction, as I was thinking about the reading I was busy with, at that moment.

If you go back on my postings, etc. I was a bit of a "laugh", because I slept on my readings! Mmmmm, I still do!! :smt003
As Tarot has been a passion to me for a few years, I truly enjoy chatting, and perhaps get totally of the subject and move to the distant planet, u'll come to know it! :smt005 In this, I Tarotise each and every person, circumstance or set of influences at a time. It's just great to do it!! We then know what may happen tomorrow? A bit of a bummer, but we can cheat some times?

Have you ever thought how a wealthy person, being the King of Pent, may be in a 5 of Pent situation, it happens all the time?

Tarot is a live and Learn Science, enjoy your adventure!!!
Blessed be.
Do as you want, Harm none!

Return to “Tarot”