Favorite Deck

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

mystic67

Post by mystic67 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:26 pm

I like the Robin Wood Tarot. I just bought the Llewellyn deck cause its georgous!
Donna

Rev_Vesta

Post by Rev_Vesta » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:22 am

For each and everyone one of us we have our own personal journey......
I believe a client will choose their own deck....... if they cannot decide straight away i say to them....

"if you can not decide right now, go away, meditate on the decks you have seen and see which one Spirit leads you too... trust your own intuition.......

come back in three days once you have your message......."

In three days the client comes back and quickly picks up the deck they were comfortable with..... I never ever force a client to choose a deck I like or think tthey would like to work with... it is not my journey..........it is theirs......  never ever let anyone tell you which deck you should work with... never just choose just becasue someone else works with it.......

Hope helps....

Blessed Be!

Vesta

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:03 am

Hi RepVesta

But how about what YOU feel in tune with? How about what you link in with, regardless what the client may feel or not feel with a deck? Not all clients know about the tarot cards and they wouldnt care less what deck the reader used. I only work with one deck  - well two versions of the one deck - Rider Waite and that is the only option I have for the client.

However, when it comes to buying a new deck or a second a third one, I agree that one has to go with the one that speaks to oneself. But as for giving a client a host of decks to choose from...hmmmmm...... not so sure about that.

I do agree and respect we all have our own days of handling readings...... and that is something I totally respect.

Blessings

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:07 am

Correction...... correction....... WAYS and not day.....

Hi RepVesta

But how about what YOU feel in tune with? How about what you link in with, regardless what the client may feel or not feel with a deck? Not all clients know about the tarot cards and they wouldnt care less what deck the reader used. I only work with one deck  - well two versions of the one deck - Rider Waite and that is the only option I have for the client.

However, when it comes to buying a new deck or a second a third one, I agree that one has to go with the one that speaks to oneself. But as for giving a client a host of decks to choose from...hmmmmm...... not so sure about that.

I do agree and respect we all have our own WAYS of handling readings...... and that is something I totally respect.

Blessings

Rev_Vesta

Post by Rev_Vesta » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:52 am

Cedars....

"Hi RepVesta

I do agree and respect we all have our own WAYS of handling readings...... and that is something I totally respect.

Blessings"

Sorry misunderstanding, I meant clients refer to clients instore choosing new decks for themselves.....

but inreagrds my to Clients for readings.... I use my intuiition in choosing right deck for reading......

Basically I normally use NAT tarot with Sacred Path cards..........for readings

I might use Osho Zen if Hagniway ( My Spirit Guide) leds me too for the client because of circumstances within client's life.........

I might use Doreen Virtue or Toni Salerno decks for further clarity for client.....

Wolf Song pack for animal totem and Crystal Ally cards for Crystal, Chakra and Affirmation needed for Client.........

most readings with typing up takes 1/2 hr but sometimes if client needs further clarification, counselling within life may take up to an hr............or longer.......

hopes clarify .........

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:41 am

Thank you. I now know what you mean :)

Rev_Vesta

Post by Rev_Vesta » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:16 pm

No problem....... I should really learn to reread my post lol

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:27 pm

I do many mistakes like my dear... dont worry at all.
it is always good to read another point of view and your views and experiences are refreshing to read.

As regards Osho Zen..... hmmmmmm, I did  read about it, but so far have not been drwan to that type of cards... I guess I will know when the time comes.

I have recently ordered Reiki cards and do not know what to expect. I have not received them yet.

Rev_Vesta

Post by Rev_Vesta » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:39 pm

Cedars Thank you for your kind words........

I have been using Crop Circle Oracle cards,
Geometry oracle cards ..........lately also in my readings ........great fior meditation.....

I am really enjoying the info shared on this board.........
I should be asleep    1.38am  friday morning...

Night Take care.. will chat soon.....lol

purple_dust

Post by purple_dust » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:58 pm

I like the Röhrig tarot deck.   They're artistic, magical, full of symbols... I actually don't wanna use them to much out of fear they will one day eventually get old!

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Over a year ago, I bought the Gilded Tarot deck but somehow I found it difficult to understand the meanings of the cards, perphaps was not the right time for me and Tarot. I came back to Tarot this year and bought Animal Spirit Guide cards, they seem to sink with me.

After a while I adquired other decks like:

Dream Inspirational Cards
Reikie cards
Past Lives cards,
Angel guides cards
Trust your vibes cards

Among all these, the ones that attract me the most and now I use more, is the Dream Inspiritional Cards from Lo Scarabeo. Their art is amazing, suitable to lead you in using your intuition with the cards, instead of the key words that came with the deck. I guess there is time for everything and the time for using a particular deck its also at there. I just wonder if anyone else is using Dream Inspirational Cards, would love to share insights with these cards. :)

Blessings
Liz

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:21 pm

I am interested in the Reiki cards Liz.
I have a deck along with a book, but could not make head or tail of it. I am a Reiki practitioner and thought they could come in handy...... but so far they are gathering dust somewhere on a bookshelf...

Do you use them as tarot cards or do you use them for Reiki purposes?

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:46 am

Hi Cedars,
I used them as Tarot cards, have left them alone for a while, since they required lots of knowledge in Reiki and colors. I am still a novice when it comes to Tarot and Reiki, still learning. :)

Have fun with them..

Blessings,
Liz

Dottedarm

fav deck

Post by Dottedarm » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:59 pm

My fav is the Crowley-Harris Thot tarot deck.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:51 am

I read with the standard Rider Waite. The symbolism is clear, and I don't need an encyclopedia to decypher the subtleties in other decks. After all, all the decks are based on the Rider Waite, why re-invent the wheel?

I had a number of decks, but slowly started giving then away. Now, I only have the RW and Haindl. I only use these "fancy" decks to entertain the Querant. I have my own intepritiations, so no matter which deck I use, my reading style will not change.

Blessed be

Return to “Tarot”