help with reading - concern of tower card

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Em_7

help with reading - concern of tower card

Post by Em_7 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi,
I am looking for some help with a reading I tired for myself, although I feel that I am unable to see what the cards are trying to say. I often find it very difficult to read for myself. My question is around whether things are going to move in the direction I would like them to soon or I am going to be continuing with the same for longer, there is so much I want to do and concentrate with I don't know what to do first or even if I am concentrating on the right thing.  I also feel anxious at the moment but I don't know why this is. This is the spread, I am concerned about the presence of the tower:

The cards were as follows:
1 present - priestess
2 Immediate challenge - chariot
3 Distant past - 6 wands
4 Recent past - 7 pentacles
5 Best outcome - tower
6 Immediate future - moon
7 Factors affecting - 4 pentacles
8 External influences - 4 swords
9 Hopes and fears - ace cups
10 Final outcome - 2 pentacles

I would really appreciate any thoughts, thanks!

George

Re: help with reading - concern of tower card

Post by George » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Em_7 wrote:Hi,
I am looking for some help with a reading I tired for myself, although I feel that I am unable to see what the cards are trying to say. I often find it very difficult to read for myself. My question is around whether things are going to move in the direction I would like them to soon or I am going to be continuing with the same for longer, there is so much I want to do and concentrate with I don't know what to do first or even if I am concentrating on the right thing.  I also feel anxious at the moment but I don't know why this is. This is the spread, I am concerned about the presence of the tower:

The cards were as follows:
1 present - priestess
2 Immediate challenge - chariot
3 Distant past - 6 wands
4 Recent past - 7 pentacles
5 Best outcome - tower
6 Immediate future - moon
7 Factors affecting - 4 pentacles
8 External influences - 4 swords
9 Hopes and fears - ace cups
10 Final outcome - 2 pentacles

I would really appreciate any thoughts, thanks!
Let me say that most people have a hard time reading for themselves. and a lot of Tarot readers will tell you not to read for yourself.  i am not one of them but i do understand the pitfalls of reading for yourself.

your cards seem to reflecting what you have said here.
1. in the Present with the Priestess i would say hidden messages (you not sure which path you want to choice).  
2. Immediate challenger with the Chariot i would say just moving forward is the challenger in it self.
3. the Distance Past maybe have been some kind of victory of sorts in your spiritual path that you may not even be aware of.    
4. Recent Past maybe that you have depended on luck or chance instead of reflecting on what you really need to do.
5. Best Outcome is the Tower.  Don't let this card get to you too much especially with these cards.  you are going to have to move forward to gain what you need or want and that will causes confusion in you (it is already causing that).  its the dying of old ideals to grasp the new ones or the new path even if it takes being hit over the head or thrown out of a tower.  
6. Immediate future is the moon in more hidden stuff and a blind path in the dark you will have to take.
7 Factors affecting - 4 pentacles are you a person that has both feet on the ground when it comes to doing new things? what is affecting you? coins? faith? hard work? conflict?  :smt002
8. External influences is the 4 swords this card usually reads of illness. is the illness you and you are tried of it all?
9 Hopes and fears is the Ace cups i would say very hopeful with this card.
10 Final outcome - 2 pentacles a change in you and a positive outcome if you ask me, but only if you take the steps to get to that outcome.  you will have to move forward and choice and path and change your path.

i had to do the whole reading as if i laid the cards because just looking at the towel without the process wasn't helping me at all to see the picture of what the Tower might be.
although i have to say this is not my reading, because i didn't lay the cards, so i could be so off that it's scary!
the real question is what are the cards saying to you and can you see the message because you are too close to the forest to see the trees.  (yes i know i said that backwards)  the forest is the big picture the trees are the small things that make up the forest. ;)
good luck!

:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:25 am

Hi, I agree with George to a certain extent.

I am one of those readers who don't do readings for myself at all. It's best for me to consult another reader.

It seems as if you did a "funny" derivative of the Celtic Cross, as far as the numbering and description of the houses is concerned. This in itself is not really recomended as you will find that each number has a defined route and influence. The connection between these numbers should be a very important consideration when doing the CC. For a person to know how the numbers in the CC fits into another, you need to have a good knowledge on the process of each number, as it has an archetypal, existential and cosmic connection to each other. Furthermore you should also regard the life-death principal as contained within the Kaballah, as the Majors are connected to the different numbers, which have a number value, a fundamental meaning, and a biological process.

Another point you need to know, when reading a spread, you should have a firm question in mind. If's and but's--this or that--maybe, and such questions can bring along a lot more confusion than clarity. In this regard it may be beneficial for you to read through the "Seekers and readers" guidelines.

By no means do I want to downgrade the author of the book you consult. It may bring understanding to you, as you started to learn Tarot with the authors concept.

As far as the Tower is concerned. As George pointed out, the Tower is not necessarily only bad. You may take the Tower as an indication for starting afresh, with a solid foundation. After all, The Tower has a firm footing and the possibility of building upon that foundation to achieve a better structure is 100%.

Blessed be.

kybunker

A Tip on Reading for yourself

Post by kybunker » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi Everyone
I wanted to share a tip with those of us who like to pull our own cards!

Over many years of being convinced I could not read my own spread, I decided to start video taping my own sessions!

Do your readings as you would do anyone else, with You as the subject.
My question is always, What am I to expect for this week (since I like doing the weekly spreads)
I turn my webcam on before I ask the question, I shuffle with my question being stated out loud as if I am speaking to a client.

As I observe the cards, I am gaining a sense of which direction the week's activities will head and then I read each card.

I then save my readings, and watch the events unfold over the weeks passing.
Right Okay Yes
We can influence our weekly decisions on what we accomplish,etc.
So I keep in mind, Who came into my world, What financial surprises came up,
My big thing is, I rescue and adopt out cats, so I like to see on which days a cat will be adopted on and then watch it happen.

I Have found that by videoing my readings for myself, I am able to read my own cards!
This took me 10 years to figure out lol
Give it a shot!

BTW on the tower issue, I believe it is one of the most hated cards in all of the decks, But I've found that with the tower falling,, new doors open and you are able to recreate what you had created but with a better stronger foundation!
It's time to rebuild but this time, you are smarter about the decisions
I like the tower! Just know, it means work work and more work to recreate what you want.
New Thought At InnerFlow Connections!

TarotModerator

Post by TarotModerator » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:34 am

Hi,

We are hosting a new Tarot course for 2011, please join us.

Here are the links to sign up to the course.

To sign-up, follow this link:
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=73951

To view the Index of Topics, follow this link:
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=73952

Our first topic will appear shortly. Just mark those forums to alert you for postings.

:smt008
We run a self study course in Tarot...please sign up..work together with your fellow students...and if further help is needed...ask for help....

Return to “Tarot”