Question about timing

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

sassylady9

Question about timing

Post by sassylady9 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:40 am

I have a question about telling time in a reading. I am new too the cards and I am learning.

If you had the "Two of Swords before the Death card
would you it mean that there will be something that will happen
dealing with communication in about 4 weeks

The second one is about the "Two of Wand over the Emperor"
so would this mean that there will be some kind of concern with
business in about two days

Thank You so much
sassylady9

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:49 am

Hi,

There a differing schools of thought regarding timing in readings, however we do not comit ourselves to a specific time of a certain event.

This depends on the spread you use, the cards you use and many other influences.

You should consider the astrological sign attached to the Death card as well as the week attached to the Two of Swords and so on. Swords cards are attached to the Air signs and Death is linked to Scorpio- a water sign. Then it is important to consider which of Scorpios planets are in a watersign's zodiac. In this case the first water sign and in the first quarter.

Blessed be.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:37 am

It is interesting how you have come up with four weeks - can you please explain how you derived to that?
Similarly, I am wondering how you got two days in this case too.

I am not criticising you. On the contrary, I would like to know what was the basis or even the school of thought you followed to come to these precise timing factors. No one can tell exact timing, well, I dont even get involved with timing when it comes to tarot. However, I have read that.......:

Swords stand for days.
Wands stand for weeks.
Cups stand for months.
Pentacles stand for years.

And, not forgetting, the astrological aspects of the Court cards..

You have raised an interesting point and would like to hear what was the basis or the knowledge source ..

Look foward to hearing from you.

sassylady9

Question about timing

Post by sassylady9 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Ok I saw on the "Learn Tarot - Nov 1 2006 by Cybee Timing Cards Textbook"
Twos
The number two generally refers to challenges in partner-ships, which almost always refer to couples, partnerships, duality, and pairs. Two as one more than one refers to our need to extend our level of awareness beyond our egocentric concerns to those of our partner or friend.

Two of Wands = Two Days
An event is likely to occur within two days that may concern business partnerships or creative endeavours. The nature of the beginning cycle will be indicated by the Major Arcana card, which follows the Two of Wands. Because the suit of Wands is so active, the cycle should begin shortly after the reading.

Two of Cups = Two Weeks
An event is likely to occur within two weeks that concerns relationships involving attachments of a highly emotional nature.

Two of Swords = Four Weeks
An event is likely to occur within four weeks concerning communications with a friend or partner. Contracts, phone calls, and other forms of communication will figure prominently.

Two of Pentacles = Two Months
An event is likely to occur within two months. During this period, the querent needs to focus on property, money, and financial matters. These financial concerns may be the result of an agreement with another person.

and that is where I got those from but I guess that was not right. Can you please help me I am just learning. Just something that I want to know. Because I was wondering why do people ask for your Birthdate when they are doing your reading and I was wondering how does that work. And how do you use the birthdate in a reading and how do you do the timing in a reading.
Thank you so much sassylady9

kybunker

What a great Topic!

Post by kybunker » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:52 pm

When it comes to timing, I go off of which spread I am using
I use my own spreads, and have created my own rules for my spreads.

If I need to understand someone's past events that lead up to why they came to me, I'll pull a spread with the statement "this is the past"
and I will understand that spread.

I will pull another showing the present moment, these spreads show me what conflicts are going on INSIDE of that person's mind and Which conflict should be focused on first

The third spread I pull shows the decisions based from the persons present state of mind leading to the actions.
(These spreads are for my own understanding~Not so much the clients)

I will then lay out their spread (either a 2 week, 3 month or year) in which I will include the information I received about the situation that wants to be focused on.
I have never dealt with dates, other than seeing which season the events coming around in.

As for birthdates, there are many different reasons readers ask for birthdates.
For some, like myself, when I read online,, I see the person as their energy shows them to be.
In some cases, (they look older in my mind), due to the way they think or see themself. But in this reality they may be 16 and advanced in their years.
So it's nice to get that grounding center on how to translate the information.

In other cases, it's for legal reasons
When people are asked to focus on them selves for a minute and relay the information of their birthdate, The focus of the client is moved towards theirself and away from
the immediate question that they have on their mind, It helps a reader tune into that person.

In numerology and astrological readings, the birthdate is used to co-relate science with the person

What's your thoughts on how you will be using the birth date information?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Like you Kybunker, I hvae my own 'rule' with timing (although I prefer not to go into it in some clinical accuracy).

I take the suits as the Seasons and then deriving from the ensuing numbers, I take them as weeks....

The court cards I take them for their astrological resemblance to the person coming or acting in the querent's life.
What's your thoughts on how you will be using the birth date information?
I dont really. I dont need birthdays in my tarot readings. I may find I am biased by their star sign, although sometimes it is good to know their star sign only. I am no expert on star signs, so I dont get carried away with that.

George

Re: Question about timing

Post by George » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:38 pm

sassylady9 wrote:I have a question about telling time in a reading. I am new too the cards and I am learning.

Thank You so much
sassylady9
Good Question!  It made me think.  I have never worried about days, weeks, months, etc... i usually deal with a general present and future.  Present is vague at best if it means today or tomorrow or a week etc.  future is more vague but usually what they do in the present anyway.  if you do something in the present fast then the future can happen faster. but know never really worried about timing.  
now, in saying all that, it was fun to read how others are doing time. and it now puts the thoughts in my head to grow on and learn more about the tarot and time. (if i could only find the time).  :smt002

:smt006

Return to “Tarot”