Read when you are not well?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

swetha
Site Admin

Read when you are not well?

Post by swetha » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:09 am

Just a question for the readers, do you read when  you are not well? does it affect the readings? Or is it all in the mind?

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:48 am

Hi Swetha,

If and when I decide to do a reading, it will most definately be when I'm not ill!

I take it like this: When you are ill, your body is diseased or dis-eased. Therefore you are not in line with your spirit. Being ill influences my personal perception of a matter, as you feel the negative energy within you all the time, and it projects throughout your entire existence, at that time.

Should someone insist on a reading, i will do it, based on pure theoretical interpretations of the cards, and no more. It is as someone noted before, it seems as if I copied the interpretations from a book, it is so, my book, you should know.

I feel that I can't give a constructive energy to the querant if I experience a sense of destruction within me.

My opinion, Blessed be.
Do as you want, Harm none!

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:42 am

I agree with Payewacker; I am of the same inclination and function the same way, especially when I need to connect with the other person's energies (psychic etc).##

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:51 pm

I find I need to be strong when I read, prepared for whatever the other person can throw at me when I look at their energy. It's far easier reading online though, instead of facing the person, we can take our time and rest breaks and come back to a reading if needs be, that's with taor of course, when linking in psychically it is paramount that the reader is fit and well and happy!

But generally only read when well or the reading will suffer.
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi Swetha,

I was wondering how we could consider readers using "mind control" drugs such as anti-depressants, tranquilizers or even morphine, sleeping tablets etc?

Could we say that these drugs "blunts" your psychic intuition?

Blessed be.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:10 pm

They may or they not, and I am not speaking from personal experience. I have seen psychics and clairvoyants who 'perfom' better when they are a bit pissed (i.e.alcohol) ;)

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:45 pm

HI "HICK"  SHCEEDARS,  

OG, Please, who can't perform under "THE INFLUENCE". I have a friend that does palmistry. My My, the more the red wine the more intriguing your hand with hidden messages and secret rankatanks!

Gin and Whisky is a good way of "INTEGRATION" :smt005

Belesched "hick" BHEEE. : :smt030

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Ha lol, I will add to my code of ethics, I will not read when Pi$$ed!

Hic, PeeeDubya, yor round! xxx
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Zetascair20086

Post by Zetascair20086 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:51 am

I tend to distrust any psychic, past life etc. impressions I get when I'm sick espicially if I'm sick enough to hallucinate. You should only trust what comes when your clear of mind.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:53 am

''Sick enough to hallucinate''....... wow. that does sound rather extreme.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:02 am

i've been there, and i promise you, I wasn't particularly bothered about a Tarot reading. nor think of doing one at all.

The poor querant must be very hard-up to read a half-mad bunch of gibberish.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:55 pm

"not well" seems to be very vague I see :)
everyone can interpret it in different ways.... do drinking or (under influence of something else) and reading go hand in hand?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:20 pm

It all depends (from my personal experience) what kind of reading one is doing. For psychic/clairvoyant, I prefer to be in good health, no personal worries and troubles around me - at least at that particular moment or day. For tarot readings, if one is looking for the interpretation of the cards, it can still be done if one is not feeling so well, i.e. under the influence of alcohol, flu, ill, emotionally unwell, bla bla bla...... then a tarot reading can still be possible but without the personal intuitive guidance of the reader. But, then again, we are all different. Some of us do perform better under the influence, some need to be totally free of any external influences -- but then again, life is never perfect and no reader can be in a perfect state of mind or health.

Return to “Tarot”