Gay or Lesbian Couples.

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Payewacker

Gay or Lesbian Couples.

Post by Payewacker » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:29 am

Hi guys.

We brushed on the above topic a long time ago---2yrs?

Now, my question (by the way we are a gay couple):

In a reading, how do we attach or define the cards to this couple. Although we don't have a strict, husband-wife relationship, one still takes more lead than the other. But both are perhaps a King of Wands.

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:57 pm

:) I think I would try to go by your astrological signs, unless you are both the same -are you both Leos?-. Otherwise, just by character -supposing I knew you both a little-, looks, or intuition.

Even with hetero seekers I don't automatically assign kings for men and queens for women. I might do it the other way around according to the way they seem to be acting or thinking. Or I may swap to knights if they are being rash, or even pages if they look indecisive or helpless.

Usually they appear in the spread in a way that is hard to mistake them   :)
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:31 pm

Well, my take is, both women and men have their masculine and feminine sides; it is just as well that the court cards can be either a man or a woman. As to how one can sense it, I would say it is via intuition, at least in my case.

learnthenumbers

2 of wands = gay, lesbian, same-sex

Post by learnthenumbers » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:47 pm

The tarot card that represents gay, lesbian and same-sex is the 2 of Wands.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:59 pm

How do you arrive to that conclusion learnthenumers?

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:52 pm

Maybe by looking in the sky, or with mirror of own thoughts......strange they are...indeed ...

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:41 pm

Maybe its the man holding a pole in one hand and a ball in the other?  But to be fair when AE Waite created the deck there was no freedom of the sexes so whatever meaning we add a hundred years later will be as Rhutobello says " a mirror of our own thoughts."  Far easier to take the personality traits and as a reading would only be about or concentrate on one side of the relationship at a time the problem shouldn't really arise unless reading for the other party too hence 3de? If you want to find a card to use some people use the Joker in cards or the artist's card in other decks.

Cassie
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

learnthenumbers

gay, lesbian, same-sex = Two of Wands = 28

Post by learnthenumbers » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Via numerology.

The number/tarot card correspondences are:

1 = Magician
2 = High Priestess
3 = Empress
4 = Emperor
5 = Hierophant
6 = Lovers
7 = Chariot
8 = Strength
9 = Hermit
10 = Wheel of Fortune
11 = Justice
12 = Hanged Man
13 = Death
14 = Temperance
15 = Devil
16 = Tower
17 = Star
18 = Moon
19 = Sun
20= Judgement
21 = World
22 = Fool
23 = King of Wands
24 = Queen of Wands
25 = Knight of Wands
26 = Page of Wands
27 = Ace of Wands
28 = Two of Wands
29 = Three of Wands
30 = Four of Wands
31 = Five of Wands
32 = Six of Wands
33 = Seven of Wands
34 = Eight of Wands
35 = Nine of Wands
36 = Ten of Wands
37 = King of Cups
38 = Queen of Cups
39 = Knight of Cups
40 = Page of Cups
41 = Ace of Cups
42 = Two of Cups
43 = Three of Cups
44 = Four of Cups
45 = Five of Cups
46 = Six of Cups
47 = Seven of Cups
48 = Eight of Cups
49 = Nine of Cups
50 = Ten of Cups
51 = King of Swords
52 = Queen of Swords
53 = Knight of Swords
54 = Page of Swords
55 = Ace of Swords
56 = Two of Swords
57 = Three of Swords
58 = Four of Swords
59 = Five of Swords
60 = Six of Swords
61 = Seven of Swords
62 = Eight of Swords
63 = Nine of Swords
64 = Ten of Swords
65 = King of Pentacles
66 = Queen of Pentacles
67 = Knight of Pentacles
68 = Page of Pentacles
69 = Ace of Pentacles
70 = Two of Pentacles
71 = Three of Pentacles
72 = Four of Pentacles
73 = Five of Pentacles
74 = Six of Pentacles
75 = Seven of Pentacles
76 = Eight of Pentacles
77 = Nine of Pentacles
78 = Ten of Pentacles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28 = Two of Wands = gay, lesbian, same-sex

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Examples:  

Rock Hudson born on 11/17/1925

11 + 17 = 28 = his core number

----------------------------------------

Ted  Haggard
2      8

his primary challenge = TH = 28 = gay

---------------------------------------------

Elton John born 3/25/1947

3 + 25 = 28 = his core number = gay

----------------------------------------------

Yves Saint Laurent born 8/1/1936

8 + 1 +1+9+3+6 = 28 = his life lesson = gay

-----------------------------------------------------

you can find plenty more examples if this interests you...

Rhutobello

Re: gay, lesbian, same-sex = Two of Wands = 28

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:53 pm

learnthenumbers wrote:Via numerology.

Elton John born 3/25/1947

3 + 25 = 28 = his core number = gay

----------------------------------------------

Yves Saint Laurent born 8/1/1936

8 + 1 +1+9+3+6 = 28 = his life lesson = gay

-----------------------------------------------------

you can find plenty more examples if this interests you...
To find many more that fit aren't so interesting...after all we around 7 billion humans so it bounds to be quiet a deal for them....BUT..the interesting is....do you find any with number 28 that DON*T FIT?

If so...then your thought is wrong....and  has to be wasted...because it will do more damage then good.....and it is this kind of easy solutions that downgrade all "Predictions tools"...because they only look for thing that fits...not for thing that show they are wrong!

One thing is to group into different abilities, which we all might recon by our self...another thing is to drag in "specialties", which is given by birth, but which many have a negative attitude toward....Just think if someone take your "prescription" for 28=Gay...and look into Neighbors and people around, and find that there is a combination 28 and then start rumors that he/she is Gay...."what a crap statement you have given!!!!!"

It's sad...because there are many Readers who do it right...and they suffer from such easy "statement" as this!

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:53 pm

I will have to agree with Rhutobello..... in fact I will have to agree with him strongly. Out of interest I did the same calcuation about people I know and it did not work.

Sorrry, but I do not believe there is a specific tarot card that signifies sexuality. I tend to go with intuition and the feeling I am getting rather than a particular card...

Cassie makes a valid point too.

learnthenumbers

clarifying

Post by learnthenumbers » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:00 pm

Yes, the number for gay, lesbian and same-sex is 28.  Across the board.  The corresponding tarot card is the Two of Wands.

Having said that, all gays are 28's/Two of Wands', but NOT all 28's/Two of Wands are gay.  In fact, it would be the minority that are.  The vast majority are not.

The are MANY other descriptions for 28/Two of Wands, like:  Hero.  Survivor.  Bodybuilder.  Weightlifter.  Fearless.  Unstoppable...

For example:

Cory Everson born 1/4/1959

4 +1+9+5+9 = 28 = her "secret" number = Bodybuilder.

So to oversimplify and reach the conclusion that all 28's/Two of Wands are gay is wildly inaccurate.

Hopefully this clarifies a bit.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:29 am

Are you able to THINK?, and not only be B L I N D E D by an I D E A ?

To say that a number X or XX is the same as anything "POSITIVE" is quiet alright...IT has NO CONSEQUENCES WHATSOEVER!....and it might even bring you kudos even if you are wrong!

To say that a number X or XX are the same thing as anything  "NEGATIVE" (a thing that can be used against the seeker from other peoples)is almost a crime! Because it can be used, from other, against an innocent human in own winning, if stated, and made public that so it is.

As said......You can't prove that every Gay or Lesbian have 28 as number, and nothing else....I for one is sure you will find them in every single number combination, just like ordinary peoples!
You haven't proved that 28 is NEVER given to other peoples then they above.
If you agree on this...then STOP!!!!! using it...because you are WRONG!!!!! and the only one you "build up" are your own self importance,  and those who believe the same CRAP, as you...

With it you downgrade your own trade...please keep it away from Tarot!!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:57 am

I am mad....and maybe I must explain why I am so mad about such thing as this...

If a person start a rumor about another person, and we track the rumor back to him/her, then he, or she can easy be made responsible for the ting done.

If we on the other hand build up an "belief" or "a statement" that classify "something negative" with a number combination, or a tarot card, or position of the star, then we pulverize the above, we give people a tool to misuse.

If a person, who hate another person, start to build up rumors, which build on such belief, if they then are taken, they can hide behind this belief, they can justify (in their own mind) their own wrongdoing, they can get sympathy from bystanders,  you are pulverizing the ability to pinpoint, and put in order, again it show the "truth behind"....the GREATER the BELIEF..the more BLIND you are for the consequences you make!

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:18 am

I know nothing about numerology and if this is numerology I have lost confidence in it already.

Learnthenumbers: you say these things with such conviction, almost as though they were cast in stone.
I agree with Rhutobello in that if someone had a birth number of 28, do we then assume he/she is gay or a body builder or what not?  Wouldnt this world be a boring place if everything was guided by some digist of our birth date?

Oh, and someone can  come and declare that the two of wands - number 2 - being a duality - that the person is not only gay, but he/she may even be bisexual - duality? Trying to make a choice between the two?  
No!

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:48 pm

cedars wrote:I will have to agree with Rhutobello..... in fact I will have to agree with him strongly.
Me too, very much!  Go Rhuto!   shame he can't ban people for single mindedness lol.
Out of interest I did the same calcuation about people I know and it did not work.

yes! but see how this person manipulates the numbers to get to 28, sometimes using one method, sometimes another? Numerology isn't like that, it truly isn't!   but once bigotism rears its ugly head then those that choose to use it in this wrong way get heard :(
Sorrry, but I do not believe there is a specific tarot card that signifies sexuality. I tend to go with intuition and the feeling I am getting rather than a particular card...
There are many cards that have both female and male symbolism in them, but I think that unless one is actually gay or have very close ties to them, one does not think like that  or that they signify a particular sexuality?
Cassie makes a valid point too.
Cheers :)
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Return to “Tarot”