Infedility

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

SaturninLibra

Infedility

Post by SaturninLibra » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:56 am

I am asking this on behalf of my friend.     He has been in a relationship for many years.   They had extreme ups and downs, not a normal relationship, too many fights in the past.   Anyway he asked has she been unfaithful to him.    He chose the two cards from my Rider-Waite deck.
I want to say yes, because 3s always say to me infedlity.   High Priestess could indicate his gf or could signify her as withholding some truth.    But I did not want to give a definite answer yet because I wanted one of you guys to see this first.

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:31 am

Hmm, a Major Arcana card is an archetype to me... a force, spiritual/life lesson for the higher self or evolution of self... not an event or a person imo. And with the High Priestess it's about intuition, secret/subconscious insight/learning. And I also see the High Priestess as symbolizing the consultation of an oracle.
3 actually means stability for me... pyramids (triangular sides) are some of the first highest structures built to express worship for the divine, because it was the easiest and most stabile manner to build high. 3 is also a holy trinity number: father, son and spirit / virgin, mother and crone / past, present and future / mind, body and soul... And this stability to build something that will last time is especially expressed in the 3 of pentacles. The RW card depicts a stone mason finishing his cathedral... a building to praise life, to last for generations, and reach far into the heavens. And he's not alone: an abbot and someone of a social secular standing are working with him.

While I cannot interprete the spread itself, as I have no idea in what order the cards were pulled, nor what position 1 or position 2 mean... I'd say, the two cards are about the theme of higher intuition and teamplay/building something that will last.
Life is like a rose. The most beautiful ones have large thorns. You only need the courage to grab for them.

SaturninLibra

Post by SaturninLibra » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:22 am

thanks sweetsunray.    personally i did not want to touch a spread like this with a ten foot pole!     :smt009    hes been unfaithful before and she forgave him and then he wanted to know was she.   i told him its better just to ask her.   or have trust in her.    they have tried to start over.
thanks for your help.

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:53 pm

That is the best answer I think: ask her. His request is an example of those I hope most readers would either deflect or refuse:
- it's a yes/no question, and they don't work well with Tarot. What if it's a no or yes? Will it even satisfy the querent? Will he trust a "no she's not cheating"? And if he gets a "yes"? What then?
- the querent is not asking a reader to do a reading into his life, but for the reader to spy in a third person's life who has no knowledge of it -> you do not have a direct line with someone who could give verifiable feedback (the third person can't comment), and there are big concerns regarding privacy. Maybe such issues are best handled by the couple or a private detective.
Life is like a rose. The most beautiful ones have large thorns. You only need the courage to grab for them.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:19 pm

I wanted to make this 'third party' comment when I first saw this thread from Saturn. But now that she has been given a reading by Sweetsunray, I will second her comments on a third-party reading which really does not work and, incidentally, is against the site rules.

Anyhow, I suggest, if I may, that you leave your friend(s) handle their own issues. People have their own reasons why they forgive or not... All one can do as a friend is listen and give the best advice possible. The rest is up to them to decide.

My pennies worth.

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:35 pm

I want to clarify I didn't see this as a reading... but just as a discussion on interpreting the High Priestess, and a 3 of pentacles in relation to infedility issues. :-)

Return to “Tarot”