Beginners question

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

sindeey

Beginners question

Post by sindeey » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:59 pm

Sorry, im a beginner to all of this, so i hope my question is presented correctly.
Could anyone interpret the meaning of this card for me please?  When asking about Where i will find my partner, i draw the ten of swords reversed card.  The cards

drawn are here:
1. Death card
2.Queen of wands reversed
3.Knight of swords reversed
4.Ten of cups
5.Ten of swords reversed
6.Three of pentacles

2                 6

3     4

1                 5

keempe

Re: Beginners question

Post by keempe » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:04 pm

I would like to know the question to this answer as well

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:56 pm

Sindeey

As Keempe put it to you, you need to tell us what was your question and what position do those six cards fall under?

You dont mention what was the question for those six cards?

sindeey

Post by sindeey » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:08 pm

I copied the layout from here: http://www.tarotmoon.com/articles/Looki ... _love.html

The question asked was "Where will you find your partner?", which was card five, which happened to come up as  the Ten of Swords reversed.
Not sure whether im making sense...im just a newbe at this:-)
Thanks guys.

sweetsunray

Re: Beginners question

Post by sweetsunray » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:58 pm

sindeey wrote:Sorry, im a beginner to all of this, so i hope my question is presented correctly.
Could anyone interpret the meaning of this card for me please?  When asking about Where i will find my partner, i draw the ten of swords reversed card.  The cards

drawn are here:
1. Death card
2.Queen of wands reversed
3.Knight of swords reversed
4.Ten of cups
5.Ten of swords reversed
6.Three of pentacles

2                 6

3     4

1                 5
Using the spread explained by that link, this is what I made of it.

You have not yet found a partner because for that you need to let go of your old self and life, and instead start a new phase in life

You need to overcome the feeling that life is 'unfair', of feelings of bitterness and jealousy. Try to look at life, opportunities (including what you may see as mifortunes) as positive as you can. If you do you can be a source of support and strength in crisis for others naturally.

In order to find a partner you need to become aware of your reactions to situations, especially not to react overly wild and aggressive in situations that can benefit from a more careful approach.

The right partner for you is someone who is able to see that love and joy is a gift, and that life itself brings happiness (instead of being an absence of pain)... someone who expects happiness without thinking about it, and seeks it domestically.

The when and where seems to have mixed themselves up... probably because they might be interrelated.

You will find this person rather WHEN (than WHERE) you release yourself from the victim attitude, the moment you feel suddenly released from those 10 swords in your back (how many do you need to kill a person) and can laugh at it.

And it will happen WHEN (but it could be WHERE as in 'workplace') you can combine intellectual with spiritual understanding as well as desire.

It seems to me most important to learn to recognize opportunities, including in what you regard misfortunes... it will make you happier, whether single or in a relationship, in any case. If you can find the light and beauty in the dark desert of the 10 swords then the right people will become naturally attracted to you.

sindeey

Post by sindeey » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:29 pm

sweetsunray, thank you so much....
Im going to go away and absorb properly what you wrote...a lot of it seems to make sense to me now that its been clarified.
Your help is much appreciated:-)

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:04 pm

It's not always easy... I've been living by myself for 10 years, single, yet dating off and on without anyone ever much wanting to commit (admittedly I did not wish it either always)... until the past month, and plans are on the way to live together. Sometimes I didn't mind being single at all, sometimes I craved for please someone to fall head over heals because it became so tiring. People told me that never to lose hope, because there would be someone la-la-la-la... but 10 years is very sobering.

But regardless of how it will pan out... keep yourself open to opportunities and as happy and positive you can be when single. If you can't be happy with basic life by yourself, a partner won't be able to fix that. You will need that basic happiness in order to stick through the difficulties of a relationship, for understanding another human being, and to love yourself in a way you can select a good partner who will respect you as much as you respect yourself, and you can love that partner as much as you love yourself.

sindeey

Post by sindeey » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:11 pm

Thankyou for posting that sweetsunray!!
Im glad things worked out for you and i wish you the best of luck!
Im just out of a 3 yr relationship, with someone who obviously wasnt meant for me, but feel i am ready to meet the right person , why ive turned to the tarot for a little insight. x

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:20 pm

Much good vibes for you :)

Kaperuzita

Post by Kaperuzita » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:09 pm

What a nice spread...I'll do it for myself as soon as I get home xD

Return to “Tarot”