Inherited Tarot Deck

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

gothcelt

Inherited Tarot Deck

Post by gothcelt » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:21 am

I recently inherited a Universal Rider Waite deck from my Reiki master, who unfortunately passed away unexpectedly. He was a gifted reader and showed me the ropes in reading and listening to my guides.

I discovered I had an aptitude for pretty accurate readings and was very pleased when I received the Rider Waite deck.

My question is this: What do other people think about using a deck that was tuned into somebody else's vibrations? Can it be "re-attuned", so to speak, so that another person can use it effectively?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:51 am

My feeling is if it was passed on to you, then you are meant to have and use it with the blessings of the person who passed away.

If you have done Reiki yourself, just use the symbols on the cards, pray and ask that they are free of past energies and influences and start using them.

Simple as that in my opinion.

Bless.
cedars

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:15 pm

How lovely, in the best possible way :) First let me offer my sincere condolences on your loss, but what a wonderful gift to have been left?  The Universal is a beautiful deck and I am sure that you will love using it. If you are worried about any residual enegies affecting your readings then why not smudge the deck  http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 01&start=0 and bless them with reiki like cedars sugggests?

kybunker

Post by kybunker » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:31 pm

Agreed!
It's a beautiful way to say hello and see you later.
Using the symbols as you know sends healing to humans, animals ect,, they should do plenty with the cards

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:02 am

I agree with all of the above. As an RMT I use reiki energy all the time to "Clear" my cards when they are first purchased. Smudging as Gem says is highly effective too. As you know, the symbols can clear and do so much for all of us, and the cards came from a living, breathing tree. The tree is made of all of the elements, including spirit. Attune the cards to yourself and see if you can work with them. It was an absolutely lovely gift, and an honor to receive them. I am very sorry though for your loss. But, you were left with a very large part of your teachers energies. That is a blessing.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

Return to “Tarot”