Tarot readings by phone or email

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Dreams & Reality

Tarot readings by phone or email

Post by Dreams & Reality » Mon May 21, 2007 3:01 pm

Hi - Hope you are all well.

I want to ask about Tarot readings done by phone or email.

I've had a few Tarot readings over the past five or six years - before that I was rather skeptical about the Tarot - of which some were by phone or email. The others were face to face readings. I must say that I prefer the latter. I like to have the reader sitting beside or opposite me because I believe that the facial and body language of both the reader and the person being read for plays a role in the reading. Also, there are times when I feel that the reader needs just a little information to 'go down the right path' with a reading. For example, I am a widow but readers often misinterpret the Tarot's message and think that I am divorced or I have just gone through a relationship disappointment. Therefore, if I can say that I am, in fact, a widow then the reader will be able to correctly interpret the other cards.

Having said this I've had two extraordinary readings - one was by email; the other was by phone.  The phone reader actually described me and he was correct. The email reader asked whether I ever had a small accident that involved a glass of water. As a child, one day while playing barefeet, I had stepped onto a glass of water and one of my feet were very badly cut.

What I would like to know from readers now is whether there is any difference to them between face to face or phone and email readings.  Does the aura or the situation or the concerns of the person who is being read for manifest itself as thoroughly in an email requesting a reading or over the phone, as during a face to face reading?

Thanks to all of you who may reply to this post.

Best
Dreams & Reality
Best wishes to all
From Dreams & Reality

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon May 21, 2007 5:06 pm

Hi, Hope you are well too :) thanks for asking xx

You make some very interesting points. In many ways reading online and especially readings on forums is the most difficult way to give a reading.

Using real time internet, such as webcam or IM or pm is much easier as there is immediate and instant feedback that can imitate the face to face  'fishing' for clues that can happen in a reading. With these instant online readings the body language is obviously lacking but in its place there tends to be an openess and braveness that comes through, perhaps because people feel they are safe at home, and annonmous and can sign off at any moment?

I am able to read auras through distance so for me being online doesn't present that much of a problem. Sometimes people will give bad feedback and deny everything especially when a nerve is hit or they want to conceal their energy for whatever reason, but thats just life lol.

Your point about being a widow is a very good one, the sadness of some divorces can show as a death and vice versa, and I can imagine it must be very upsetting and unnerving if a reader gets it wrong. Perhaps let the reader know before the reading in your question? I would imagine that the two readings that were really accurate, especially the glass of water episode would be from psychic tarot readers. Not all psychics are tarot readers and not all tarot readers realise they are psychic lol.

Dreams & Reality

Thanks Gem

Post by Dreams & Reality » Tue May 22, 2007 7:28 am

Gem -- thanks for your very interesting reply. It's good hearing from a reader on how they feel. Yes, you're right: the two phone and email readings I've had were with psychic Tarot readers. (I should have mentioned this in the post.) I am so tempted to ask the one who did the email reading for another as the time span he had spoken of (four months from January) has now passed, but I do not want to be a nuisance.

Gem, you're doing great work here with the group.  Thanks!
Best
Dreams & Reality
Best wishes to all
From Dreams & Reality

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue May 22, 2007 2:13 pm

You are very welcome :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:54 pm

Hello Dreams and Reality,
I have had tarot phone readings both by some adept tarot readers and psychics as well. I have always been honest about my issue and the reason for the reading. In most cases they have been quite accurate in describing the current situation I've been in and the events that have led to that.
One tarot reader, in fact, said something to me by date and it did happen. However, for all intents and purposes, I am still waiting for the main crowning outcome of both my psychic and tarot readings. Sometimes I see the sings coming in and sometimes I see stalemate. Sometimes I am full of faith that it will happen; sometimes I lose faith.  But, something inside me still tells me it will happen, even though I have been tempted to turn my back to the situation and let nature or universe take its course. I am not very good at doing the latter though.

In hope......
cedars

sternrulez

Post by sternrulez » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:16 pm

I have done a handful of email tarot readings, both for friends and for friends of theirs that I never met, and as long as I received the information that I needed (name, sign, question/concern, etc.), I didn't  have any problem with the reading.  Also, from the feedback that I've gotten, they were quite happy with it, so YES it does work :)
The most knowledgeable person is the one who admits he knows nothing...

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:22 pm

Hello Sternrulez

What is the significance of knowing the querent's zodiac/birth sign in tarot readings?

Can you or someone shed some light on this, please?

Thanks.

sternrulez

Post by sternrulez » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:34 am

Well, the short answer..depending on their sign, it may have an impact on the interpretation of the layout.  Certain signs influence certain cards that way.  I've found that not everyone USES signs, but the more information I have, the more accurate I can make their reading...at least TRY to ;)

The easiest way to find out about signs in relation to readings is to pick up a book that incorporates them, or look around in the forums/classes...hope that helps :)

Blessed Be
The most knowledgeable person is the one who admits he knows nothing...

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:36 am

Thank you Sternrulez/

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:31 am

Hmmmm,a friend of mine made a reading for me by phone...but she used playing cards!
I can tell that everything she said came true...(But the thing is that maybe I helped a little for those things to come true...)
And the other thing that I wanted to mention is that I thought that the person who is reading the cards for you has to know how you look...Isn't that true????

moonlitestonight

Online readings

Post by moonlitestonight » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:33 pm

I am a volunteer reader  I love doing online readings, find them very effective and so do the people I read for.  I have done phone readings as well but only at home i.e. not for a group like Keen, etc. as I do not feel comfortable charging the rates they do - but that is just me.  I love doing online readings.  I read out of my home as well but if I had to say which is my favourite, it would be online.    Moonlitestonight

hthrshorty

Post by hthrshorty » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:20 am

Me personally I like phone readings. I've a reader that knows my situation and she is very accurate

Return to “Tarot”