Tarot

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

chrisdee

Tarot

Post by chrisdee » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:13 pm

:smt006 I have volunteers that will let me read for them but when i discuss different areas i could do a reading on I'm faced with i don't know anything from my volunteers  :smt017 can anyone recommend a spread that is not problem solving but a general reading in all areas that i can use to determine the accuracy of my readings please :smt007

farafina

Post by farafina » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:49 pm

I was taught one spread that you could use for opening a reading with a person. It is a 7-card spread.
They are all in one line, from left to right

card1-card2-card3- -----card4 ------card5-card6-card7

The first three are the person's past (long term and short term)
The one at the center represents the querent now (state of mind, situation)
the 3 others are the querent's direction/future

This can help you see where the querent is at the moment, and where they come from, and where they plan on heading. Also it usually reveals the person's state of mind pretty well.

Make sure the querent picks their own cards in the order in which you will place them.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers
:smt006

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:32 pm

:) Thanks farafina this would give a more detailed past present and future I was really looking for something that would give general insight into all areas of querents life to use as an ice breaker to put querent at ease and trust the Tarot to be insightful in all areas then if they feel comfortable and wish more detail in one or more areas they can chose to have more detailed spreads of those areas

dreamfairy

Post by dreamfairy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:24 pm

I always begin a tarot reading with a general spread called the astrological spread.  The cards are placed round in a circle like a horoscope chart.  Starting with the card at the `9'oclock position' and going round anti-clockwise.

The first card represents the 1st House - Aries - who you are.  (I also use this area where you have already been ie the past)  
2nd card represents the 2nd house - Taurus - Finances.  
3rd card represent 3rd house - Gemini - What you need to communicate.  
4th card represents the 4th house - Cancer - Home & family.  
5th card represents the 5th house - Leo - Self-expression & children.
6th card represents the 6th house - Virgo - Work environment, co-workers, also health.
7th card represents the 7th house - Libra - Relationships.
8th card represents the 8th house - Scorpio - Other peoples resources, but I always use this area to see how the person is on a psychological level, how they are reacting to change.
9th card represents the 9th house - Sagittarius - Religion, or any training coming up or ongoing, college, university etc.
10th card represents the 10th house - Capricorn - Career, & direction in life.
11th card represents the 11th house - Aquarius - Friends, social life.
12th card represents the 12th house - Pisces - hidden issues that need to be developed over the next 12 months.

I put a card in the centre which represents the general theme of the next 12 months, for example the Death card would represent the person needing to get rid of situations, or even people, that they have outgrown, and begin new things, and embrace the changes that are coming their way in the next 12 months.  Because it is the central card it has a knock on effect in all areas, so they need to transform most areas of their life.

I find this spread covers all areas in the persons life, like a jigsaw puzzle it fits all the pieces of a persons life together so you can get an overall view of what is going on.  I then go on to use shorter spreads like the celtic cross etc, to go in more depth in the areas which the querant  chooses.  

I hope this has helped.  I think others may use different areas and meanings for the cards but the one I have explained above works for me.

Dreamfairy
Peace & Light.

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:56 pm

Hi dreamfairy
The spread looks great, i cant Wait to try it, it looks like just what ive been looking for  :smt020
                                             Thank you for posting it

dreamfairy

Post by dreamfairy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi Chrisdee,

You are welcome.  Let us know your views when you have tried it.

Dreamfairy
Peace & Light.

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:17 pm

Hi dreamfairy
Are you familiar with the Druid-Craft Tarot. Ive tried out the astrological spread you posted, on my self, I have no difficulty in the meanings of the cards but I'm not sure whether I'm influencing my interpretations of the cards, if i post a photo of the spread would you give it a go, Its just that you said the central card has a knock on effect in all areas, I got the Three of swords although this was no surprise to me, another's perspective on the reading would be appreciated

dreamfairy

Post by dreamfairy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:56 pm

chrisdee wrote:Hi dreamfairy
Are you familiar with the Druid-Craft Tarot. Ive tried out the astrological spread you posted, on my self, I have no difficulty in the meanings of the cards but I'm not sure whether I'm influencing my interpretations of the cards, if i post a photo of the spread would you give it a go, Its just that you said the central card has a knock on effect in all areas, I got the Three of swords although this was no surprise to me, another's perspective on the reading would be appreciated
:smt006 Hi Chrisdee, I use Rider Waite, but I will have a go with the Druid-Craft if you post it.  Kind Regards Dreamfairy  :)
Peace & Light.

chrisdee

Hi dreamfairy

Post by chrisdee » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:57 am

The astrological spread.
Although these cards look different they can be read by anyone knowing Rider-Waite I would appreciate your input so that I can understand the relationship between the cards and the centre card when doing the reading
1.Aries - 5 of Wands
2.Taurus -4 of Pentacles
3.Gemini -King of Cups
4.Cancer -13 Death
5.Leo - 0 The Fool
6.Virgo - A of Cups
7.Libra - 4 of Swords
8.Scorpio -20 Rebirth (Judgment)
9.Sagittarius -14 Fferyllt ( Temperance)
10.Capricorn -7 The Chariot
11.Aquarius -4 The Lord (Emperor)
12.Pisces - 7 Cups
Centre card  3 of Swords
                              Thank you for taking the time to help me  :smt007
Attachments
Astro--Spread.JPG
Astro--Spread.JPG (54.57 KiB) Viewed 3554 times

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:51 am

Nice layout Chris :)

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:38 pm

:smt039 Thank you Gem, This spread is just what Ive been looking for but it will be nicer when I understand better the relationship between the cards and the centre card dreamfairy is been very helpful  :smt038

dreamfairy

Post by dreamfairy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:41 pm

chrisdee wrote::smt039 Thank you Gem, This spread is just what Ive been looking for but it will be nicer when I understand better the relationship between the cards and the centre card dreamfairy is been very helpful  :smt038
:smt006 Hi Chrisdee, I've just logged on to say I haven't forgotten about helping you with the spread, just give me a little time, very busy at the moment with a new business, I will look at your spread on Sunday, I'm working tomorrow Saturday, and will post it Monday night.  Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards Dreamfairy :)

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:37 am

:smt039 Hi dreamfairy
I can see that your busy with your new business I wish you well, I will keep popping back Thank you :smt069

dreamfairy

Post by dreamfairy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:10 pm

chrisdee wrote::smt039 Hi dreamfairy
I can see that your busy with your new business I wish you well, I will keep popping back Thank you :smt069
Thanks Chrisdee, will do it as soon as possible, promise. Dreamfairy  :)
Peace & Light.

dreamfairy

Post by dreamfairy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:07 pm

chrisdee wrote::smt039 Hi dreamfairy
:smt006 Hi Chrisdee, Sorry I haven't replied yet, got two days off over easter will look at your spread and post it.  Sorry about the delay, just haven't had time to come online, haven't forgotten.  Post it over the easter break.  Thanks for your patience.  Dreamfairy :smt002
Peace & Light.

Return to “Tarot”