The Witches Tarot

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:54 pm

heehee, I have seen a moving version of the witch, well warlock that flashes open his cloak!!!  Thank goodness yours doesn't lol!

Sign up here for the course, http://mysticboard.org/viewforum.php?f=81 hope you enjoy it  :)

windspirits

My Witch

Post by windspirits » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:01 pm

I made it so that it would not flash!!  All you have to do is something that is animated when you save it is change it to a JPEG and it stops the animation.
I will go sign up for the course just as soon as I send this to you.

Thanks a witchy ton!!

jennifercrowe

Witches Deck

Post by jennifercrowe » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:34 am

The Witches deck is a little harder to learn.  it took me over a year to learn how to use them.

windspirits

Witches Tarot

Post by windspirits » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:19 am

I am just using my intuation and reading what I see and or feel.  It might not be the traditional thoughts or meanings, but I get strong sensations from them just the same.  I wanted to start the next session, but we had a power failure so I now have to try and catch as catch can in between.  Will probably fall behind the rest of the class, but oh well, that's the way the cookie crumblems.

So far I am really enjoying the Witches Tarot.  I have the RW as well, but I have handled them a lot and do not get the sensations I get from the Witches.

jennifercrowe

Witches Deck

Post by jennifercrowe » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:36 am

That is true also.  I mean atfer I got used to them it was no problem.

Saldaba6

Witches Tarot

Post by Saldaba6 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:37 am

THere is a book that goes along with the cards of the witches tarot, I would suggest you read and study it for the best interpretations.

windspirits

Book with Witches Tarot

Post by windspirits » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:12 am

I am reading the book, but at the same time I feel that the interpretations of the cards is the writers interpretations, and not necessarily what everyone who works with them will have.  To me this is the case of all books written with any card deck.  We as users of these cards must be able to have the basics of what they mean, but if we get a different reading of the cards than what is in the written word, then I feel we should pay attention to this.  The books are only guides, or at least this is my take on the subject.  Perhaps I am wrong, but I thought there really was no right or wrong when it comes to Tarot.  I will listen to others feedback as well, so if you have something to say, then please by all means say it.  After all I am learning my way around Tarot.  One more thing, if we were to use only the books interpretations, would we not just be relying on others for what we are reading into the cards themselves instead of our own conjectures?

Bartmanhomer

Post by Bartmanhomer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:08 pm

By the way. I got my Witches Deck today.

windspirits

Book with Witches Tarot

Post by windspirits » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:26 am

MM,
As I have stated before, I know there is a book that goes with the Witches Tarot, and I DO READ it, but I also feel that the book like all books are merely a GUIDE, not written in stone.  Tarot is all about interpretation, therefore my interpretations may be similar, but necessarily word for word of the book.  If we did a word for word interpretation of the cards, what is stopping the world from buying their own sets and doing their readings, if they just read the books accompanying the cards.  If we all have the basics, and then when we interpret the cards, sometimes it sheds a whole new light on a situation or the matter at hand.

Gem

Re: Book with Witches Tarot

Post by Gem » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:36 pm

windspirits wrote:If we did a word for word interpretation of the cards, what is stopping the world from buying their own sets and doing their readings, if they just read the books accompanying the cards.  
Absolutely nothing!  An many successful readers do exactly just that!

windspirits

Witches tarot

Post by windspirits » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:19 pm

Thanks Gem,

Am I wrong in my assessment of being able to read things differently from the book?  What am I supposed to do if I get a certain feel from any of the cards? Do I ignore those feelings and go back to the books interpretation instead and  forget about my personal interpretations?

Bartmanhomer

Post by Bartmanhomer » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:32 pm

Maybe this isn't the right type of book then.

Bartmanhomer

Post by Bartmanhomer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:51 pm

Hey what a minute. I know that the system of the court cards in the witches deck is very different compared to the other tarot deck. If the court cards is deal face up, I have to draw another card and get the whole reading. But what if the first card is a court card and the second one is another court card, should I keep drawing when their no court card and stick with both court cards and get the full reading?

Return to “Tarot”