Experimental 6 Card Reading Surrounding 12/21/2012

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Sabra

Experimental 6 Card Reading Surrounding 12/21/2012

Post by Sabra » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:22 am

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum for this, there is an experimental reading that I would like for people to do to compare the results to mine.  It started with my daughter wanting to learn the tarot.  I had her doing simple readings for people that we know using the major arcana (RW deck).  

I then asked her to do a 6 card spread regarding the world in general.  I asked her to pull one card each to represent the days December 19, 20, 21 (2 cards), 22, and 23 of 2012.

This is what she got:

December 19 - Death
December 20 - The Sun
December 21 - The Tower/Chariot
December 22 - High Priestess
December 23 - The Emperor

I was really struck by the tremendous change shown, so I decided to pick up my own deck and do the same reading with these results:

December 19 - World
December 20 - Strength
December 21 - The Chariot/The Tower
December 22 - The Sun

The similarities really astounded me, so I asked my daughter's father (who knows very little about the Tarot) to do the same reading.  This is what he got:

December 19 - Judgement
December 20 - The Moon
December 21 - The Lovers/The Tower
December 22 - The Sun

Three different decks were used by 3 people with varying levels of experience.  I'm totally fascinated that our readings were so similar and I would like for others to do the same reading to see what they get.  By the way, I'm have always been familiar with the hype but didn't buy into it - but my daughter and her father are completely unfamiliar with it - or at least they were.

If I have posted to the wrong forum, I apologize.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:43 pm

These were done using the Majors only? Is that right?

Abita

Post by Abita » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:28 pm

Ok, I did it. This are my arcana:

Decembre 19 - The Hang Man
Decembre 20 - The Tower
Decembre 21 - The Justice/World
Decembre 22 - The Sun
Decembre 23 - The Hermit

And i did it again with Osho Zen arcana:

Decembre 19 - Past lives
Decembre 20 - The Rebel
Decembre 21 - No-Thingnes/Transformation
Decembre 22 - The Fool
Decembre 23 - Beyond Illusion

Sabra

Post by Sabra » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:18 pm

Gem wrote:These were done using the Majors only? Is that right?
Oh yes, definitely.  Only the Majors were used.  I want to do another reading using the entire deck but I haven't figured out what spread would be best.

She was using only the Majors because she is still learning and this was just a question that I threw out to her from the top of my head because I had just heard something about the Mayan calendar on the History Channel.

I don't buy into any of it, but I thought that it was really interesting.  I think that if anything, that date may bring about the same hysteria that we all saw with the Y2K.  

Can you recommend a spread that can be used for this type of question?

Sabra

Post by Sabra » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:26 pm

Abita wrote:Ok, I did it. This are my arcana:

Decembre 19 - The Hang Man
Decembre 20 - The Tower
Decembre 21 - The Justice/World
Decembre 22 - The Sun
Decembre 23 - The Hermit

And i did it again with Osho Zen arcana:

Decembre 19 - Past lives
Decembre 20 - The Rebel
Decembre 21 - No-Thingnes/Transformation
Decembre 22 - The Fool
Decembre 23 - Beyond Illusion
I'm not familiar with the Osho Zen deck, but I do see transformation for the 21st.  The Sun and The Tower both come up a lot...  I want to do a spread using the full deck .  

I'm not well experienced with the tarot.  I read professionally, but I rely more on raw intuition than on the cards.  In this case, I'm not really picking up a great deal other than the fact that there could be a lot of change, possibly very enlightening change... But the world is always in a constant state of change.  I'm wondering if my question was even actually a valid one.

When I read for individual people during that time period, it is very different and positive.

Gem

Re: Experimental 6 Card Reading Surrounding 12/21/2012

Post by Gem » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:27 pm

Sabra wrote:I don't know if this is the appropriate forum for this, there is an experimental reading that I would like for people to do to compare the results to mine.  It started with my daughter wanting to learn the tarot.  I had her doing simple readings for people that we know using the major arcana (RW deck).  

I then asked her to do a 6 card spread regarding the world in general.  I asked her to pull one card each to represent the days December 19, 20, 21 (2 cards), 22, and 23 of 2012.

This is what she got:

December 19 - Death
December 20 - The Sun
December 21 - The Tower/Chariot
December 22 - High Priestess

I was really struck by the tremendous change shown, so I decided to pick up my own deck and do the same reading with these results:

December 19 - World
December 20 - Strength
December 21 - The Chariot/The Tower
December 22 - The Sun

The similarities really astounded me, so I asked my daughter's father (who knows very little about the Tarot) to do the same reading.  This is what he got:

December 19 - Judgement
December 20 - The Moon
December 21 - The Lovers/The Tower
December 22 - The Sun

Three different decks were used by 3 people with varying levels of experience.  I'm totally fascinated that our readings were so similar and I would like for others to do the same reading to see what they get.  By the way, I'm have always been familiar with the hype but didn't buy into it - but my daughter and her father are completely unfamiliar with it - or at least they were.

If I have posted to the wrong forum, I apologize.

Well my cards from the Ansata Majors only deck were....

December 19 The Star
December 20th Wheel of Fortune
Decembers 21st The Hermit / Empress
December 22nd The World
December 23rd Death

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:57 pm

Rider Waite Deck Oirignal

I got:

December 19: The Emperor
December 20: The Hermit
December 21: Wheel of Fortune
Decebmer 22: Temperance.
December 23: The Empress.

moonlitestonight

Experimental 6 card

Post by moonlitestonight » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:00 pm

Here are the cards I drew from the Gilded Tarot:
Dec. 19     Moon
Dec. 20     Sun Reversed
Dec. 21     Star Reversed and Tower - Tower is same for your three readings, Sabra.  Very interestin!
Dec. 22     Fool Reversed
Dec. 23     Judgement Reversed

All cards but Moon and Tower reversed.  Why did you choose the year 2012? !!!!  Good exercise.     Thanks for posting it.

Sabra

Re: Experimental 6 card

Post by Sabra » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:52 am

moonlitestonight wrote:Here are the cards I drew from the Gilded Tarot:
Dec. 19     Moon
Dec. 20     Sun Reversed
Dec. 21     Star Reversed and Tower - Tower is same for your three readings, Sabra.  Very interestin!
Dec. 22     Fool Reversed
Dec. 23     Judgement Reversed

All cards but Moon and Tower reversed.  Why did you choose the year 2012? !!!!  Good exercise.     Thanks for posting it.
Yes, very interesting!  Either The Tower or Death card seem to come up quite a bit for the time period.  My daughter got both in her spread.  It seems that we are in for tremendous change.  I think that it will be a change for the positive.

I was giving my daughter practice readings to do and I chose 2012 because I had just seen a television documentary based on that day.  According to the documentary, the Mayan calendar ends and a new cycle will begin.

It also mentions that on 12/21/2012, there will be some very interesting astronomical positions of planets that could slightly change the axis of the earth.

Many feel that this time period will be about a great change in human confidence, which is what I believe.  And of course there are others that believe that because of the change of axis and the Mayan calendar ending, that it could be a little worse than that.

I'm thinking that the hysteria of some could somehow be represented by The Tower.

Either way, what really interests me now is the similarities between so many readings.

Return to “Tarot”