Which decks do you have?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Re: Yes agree...

Post by Gem » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:41 am

Rev_Vesta wrote:I use the Tarot cards or any Oracle Cards intuitively, yes I  use them just as a tool to connect with HIGH SELF A key a trigger that I am ready to open and recieve information within........
I see what you mean.... about not really reading the tarot as the meanings from a book but reading them individually as an impresssion of the person you are reading for.......
That was quite thought provoking message Gem... had to read your message twice, not really thought about it before, just do it......
Thanks for that.... tha's what i like about like-minded people they make you think, use this brain of mine stop it from going to sleep..lol
Sorry didnt mean to stop you sleeping lol. I realise that some don't need cards to give readings, but they can provide a focus for the seeker rather than blow their mind that we can just 'see' ?

tlkandler

Post by tlkandler » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:20 pm

Gem wrote:
tlkandler wrote:I have used the Rider Waite, Faeries Oracle and The Enchanted Tarot.

The RW I was confused with so I gave them to my neice.  Strange how a lot of people who have posted here have had difficulties of some sort with the RW.  Does someone have any ideas about that?
Hi Lena,

I think that the Rider Waite is the easiest and most obvious deck to read. Every card has a picture, even the pips, and they are really so easy to understand?  A bit boring maybe lacking in colour but using the Radiatn Waite or the Universal Waite usually sorts that :)  And once the RW has been mastered any other deck is easy :)
Hey Gem,

I can see that.  I think the major reason I didn't care for them was because it was my first deck and knew nothing about it.  My main problem lay in the fact that  the Minor cards weren't labeled.  I was too inexperienced (or just lacked the brain cells) to tell the difference.

Also... got anything for me on the Princess cards?

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:57 pm

Hi, If the pips on the minors weren't labelled then the deck wasn't a Rider Waite! But do you mean that it didnt say 5 of Wands or 6 of Cups just had V or VI etc?

tlkandler

Post by tlkandler » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:24 pm

Gem wrote:Hi, If the pips on the minors weren't labelled then the deck wasn't a Rider Waite! But do you mean that it didnt say 5 of Wands or 6 of Cups just had V or VI etc?
Ya know, its been more than 10 years ago since I have looked at them  :) .  I believe they were numbered, I was just having trouble telling the suites apart not the number itself.

I'm almost positive they were Rider Waite though. Hold on I'll go check.  After looking up a set on line... I did have the RWS.  They were numbered but I was having issues telling the cups from the coins, which even now I'm assuming that those are Swords and Pentacles.  And I could still be wrong.  I'm the type of person that needs to see to learn and I didn't have anybody to learn from at that time so I gave them to my neice and took up another deck that was easier for me to read (literally!! :) )  I must sound completely ignorant!! I obviously need to take one of these courses!! LOL

Anyways, got anything on the Princesses for me???  I think I'm going to do a search online, I just wanted to check here before I did.

Ok, well, I'm off.

BB

tlkandler

Post by tlkandler » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:23 pm

I'm such a nitwit...  see, I just saw a list and it lead me to believe that hearts = cups.  I have been so stuck on the one deck I use that I really not sure what I know anymore... I can tell you what I don't!!! LOL  I think I need to purchase a new deck and start over...  Do you have another recommendation besides the RWS?

Ah, well, I guess its a good thing I found this place!!

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:50 pm

If I was you I would browse www.aeclectic.net  they have over 900 decks with pics and reviews, I look there first, so I can see the cards and what the deck is like then you could buy through the Mystic Bazaar :)

If you don't like the RW then how about something like the Guilded? or the Universal Waite?

tlkandler

Post by tlkandler » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:42 pm

Gem wrote:If I was you I would browse www.aeclectic.net  they have over 900 decks with pics and reviews, I look there first, so I can see the cards and what the deck is like then you could buy through the Mystic Bazaar :)

If you don't like the RW then how about something like the Guilded? or the Universal Waite?
Thanks, I'll go check those out now!!  :)

BB

J&A_Hernandez_2007

Decks I own

Post by J&A_Hernandez_2007 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:14 pm

I own the Rider-Waite, Llewellyn and Medieval Scapini decks.  When is the next class starting? I am interested in joining it.
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:48 am

The class is running now, just sign up and off you go, its mostly self-study with input from everyone too :)

PaganPriest

Post by PaganPriest » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:37 am

Rider Waite - I have tried other decks, but they never work as well for me. So, Rider Waite all the way.
My karma ran over your dogma - Sorry :)

Return to “Tarot”