REFLECTION

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

REFLECTION

Post by Pravin Kumar » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:56 am

REFLECTION

"When death, the great reconciler, has come, it is never our tenderness that we repent of, but our severity." -- T.S. Eliot

"We should every night call ourselves to an account: What infirmity have I mastered today? What passions opposed! What temptation resisted? What virtue acquired?" -- Marcus Annaeus Seneca

"Look at your past. Your past has determined where you are at this moment. What you do today will determine where you are tomorrow. Are you moving forward or standing still?" -- Tom Hopkins

"We should learn, by reflection on the misfortunes of others, that there is nothing singular in those which befall ourselves." -- Thomas Fitzosborne

KINDNESS

It is by little acts of watchful kindness recurring daily and hourly, by words, tones, gestures, looks, that affection is won and preserved.

George A. Sala

If you were arrested for being kind, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

Author unknown
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

mirkwoodelf

Post by mirkwoodelf » Tue May 10, 2011 6:02 pm

LIFE

Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.
Marie Curie

Life is something that everyone should try at least once.
Henry J. Tillman

He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.
Epictetus

Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars.
Henry Van Dyke

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.
Robert Frost

Listen to your life. All moments are key moments.
Frederick Buechner

People travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the seas, at the long course of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars, and yet they pass by themselves without wondering.
St. Augustine

- What is life, if not to be enjoyed. - My summary

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Wed May 11, 2011 11:14 am

Dear Mirkwoodelf,

Beautiful quotes. Love them and very true.

Pravin Kumar
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”