TODAYS QUOTES ON LIFE

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

TODAYS QUOTES ON LIFE

Post by prasanna » Mon May 05, 2008 12:34 am

Quotations about Life

"  Just  iving is not enough.  One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.  ~Hans Christian Anderson

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."  ~Erma Bombeck

The purpose of life is a life of purpose.  ~Robert Byrne

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  ~Chinese Proverb

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world.  This makes it hard to plan the day.  ~Elwyn Brooks White

Life is simple, its just not easy.  ~Author Unknown

A life without cause is a life without effect.  ~Barbarella

Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished.  If you're alive, it isn't.  ~Richard Bach

Life's not always fair.  Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow.  ~Cherralea Morgen

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.  ~Henry David Thoreau, Walden

I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.  ~Jack Handey

Life is a foreign language:  all men mispronounce it.  ~Christopher Morley, Thunder on the Left

Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee,
And I'll forgive Thy great big one on me.
~Robert Frost, "Cluster of Faith," 1962

In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.  ~Kathy Norris

To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.  ~Emily Dickinson

Yes, I will try to be.  Because I believe that not being is arrogant.  ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin

Life is the hyphen between matter and spirit.  ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.  ~Ashleigh Brilliant

I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.  ~Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes

You fall out of your mother's womb, you crawl across open country under fire, and drop into your grave.  ~Quentin Crisp

As we struggle to make sense of things, life looks on in repose.  ~Author Unknown

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it.  ~Charles Schulz

Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets.  ~Arthur Miller

Life is like a blanket too short.  You pull it up and your toes rebel, you yank it down and shivers meander about your shoulder; but cheerful folks manage to draw their knees up and pass a very comfortable night.  ~Marion Howard

Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.  ~Author Unknown

You can't escape history, or the needs and neuroses you've picked up like layers and layers of tartar on your teeth.  ~Charles Johnson

Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.  ~Danny Kaye

I have a simple philosophy:  Fill what's empty.  Empty what's full.  Scratch where it itches.  ~Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Life is like a coin.  You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.  ~Lillian Dickson

We are born wet, naked, and hungry.  Then things get worse.  ~Author Unknown

Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.  ~Author Unknown

Life is a cement trampoline.  ~Howard Nordberg

To preserve a man alive in the midst of so many chances and hostilities, is as great a miracle as to create him.  ~Jeremy Taylor

Life is the game that must be played.  ~Edwin Arlington Robinson

You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.  You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.  ~Albert Camus

There is no wealth but life.  ~John Ruskin

I know what things are good:  friendship and work and conversation.  These I shall have.  ~Rupert Brooke

Life will always remain a gamble, with prizes sometimes for the imprudent, and blanks so often to the wise.  ~Jerome K. Jerome

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.  ~Henry David Thoreau

Life is not a final.  It's daily pop quizzes.  ~Author Unknown

I count life just a stuff
To try the soul's strength on.
~Robert Browning

Life may have no meaning.  Or even worse, it may have a meaning of which I disapprove.  ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Life is an incurable Disease.  ~Abraham Cowley

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”