TODAYS QUOTES ON LIGHT

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

TODAYS QUOTES ON LIGHT

Post by prasanna » Tue May 06, 2008 1:08 am

Light quotes

“I ran up the door, closed the stairs, said my pajamas and put on my prayers, turned off the bed and hopped in the light, all because you kissed me goodnight”

“There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle”

Robert Alden

“If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning.”

C.S. Lewis (British Scholar and Novelist. 1898-1963)

“When you have come to the edge Of all light that you know And are about to drop off into the darkness Of the unknown, Faith is knowing One of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly”

Patrick Overton

“You must enshrine in your hearts the spiritual urge towards light and love, Wisdom and Bliss!”

Sri Sathya Sai Baba  (Indian Spiritual leader, b.1926)

"You must be strong now. You must never give up. And when people make you cry and you are afraid of the dark, don't forget the light is always there.”

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”

“Love must be as much a light, as it is a flame.”

Henry David Thoreau  (American Essayist, Poet and Philosopher, 1817-1862)
God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”

“Love is not consolation. It is light.”

Friedrich Nietzsche(German classical Scholar, Philosopher and Critic of culture, 1844-1900.)

“Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.”

Mother Teresa of Calcutta quotes (Albanian born Indian Missionary and Founder of the Order of the Missionaries of Charity. Nobel Prize for Peace in 1979. 1910-1997)

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”