spirits and consiciousness

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

CuriousK

spirits and consiciousness

Post by CuriousK » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:35 pm

I was thinking about consciousness. If spirits are able to identify themselves, know who they are, etc...also to communicate with mediums about their love ones and their past, also they are able to reveal themselves to mediums in their previous life form, does that mean they have consciousness?

I see spirits are energy, yet they must also have conscious?

Why i'm asking this is that, if this is true, then the mind is very powerful. Conscious is carried over no matter what form we become (human to spirit, etc). Would this also mean that there must be reincarnation and karma theory is true? I'm a buddhist, so it seems to make sense to me. How 'bout you?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:57 pm

The spirit is a part of our being - body, mind, spirit - in balance and functioning for a human life.  (We are not a human being having a spiritual experience.  We are a spiritual being having a human experience.  Pierre Teilhard de Chardin).  This means to me the focus of our earth life is actually spirituality.  

We tend to have it wrong and go for the material draws more than the spiritual before we realize it is leaving us bankrupt of spirituality.  We always come to this conclusion in ourselves for ourselves.

Consciousness is being aware of all the energies of life.  The material body vibrates at a gross level to maintain our existence as an earthly entity.  As a spirit entity (set free from the body) we vibrate at a finer level.  We are still part of consciousness in either state.  And the mind is the governor in both states and comes together as whole mind at death of the physical body.

"Why i'm asking this is that, if this is true, then the mind is very powerful. Conscious is carried over no matter what form we become (human to spirit, etc). Would this also mean that there must be reincarnation and karma theory is true? I'm a buddhist, so it seems to make sense to me. How 'bout you?"

I find that this drawing of conclusion from consciousness is flawed.  That is just what makes life interesting.  I do not see reincarnation or karma as a result of consciousness.  It is just a theory of existence.  And as many believe has drawn more to its doors.

The flaw in my reasoning is....we are spirit now encased in this physical body.  It is set free on the death of the physical body.  The mind is governing so consciousness exists in the spirit form.  Now comes the part that is a leap.  

I see spirit realms as a real and valid learning place for spirituality.  Reincarnating is not necessarily an option for this growth.  As you return to the physical you must start at the beginning again and do not even know what was learned before.  So there is no growth pattern to the whole experience.

CuriousK

Post by CuriousK » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:37 am

If human can die and leave the physical form, to become the spirit form, who to say that it can not happen from spirit to physical? Life is a cycle.  Cycle continues because we are ignorant. LIke what you have said, we do not know when we start a new life, we tend to seek materialism because we are ignorant.

What you have explained to me regarding spirit and spirituality, but that is the reason why it supports my own theories.

There are many kids who are born remembering their past lives, and these memories tend to fade after about 7. It is believed that the memories of the current life takes over, and eventually past memories become clouded and eventually forgotten.

Each life we have, we grow. It is said that reincarnation is an opportunity to grown and better oneself in the current life, that is why responsibility is a huge emphasis in buddhism. I guess it depends on religous beliefs and influence, but observing how the world works and the cycles that are there, it is natural or likely for the spirit system or universe to reflect this.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:09 pm

CuriousK wrote:If human can die and leave the physical form, to become the spirit form, who to say that it can not happen from spirit to physical? Life is a cycle.  Cycle continues because we are ignorant. LIke what you have said, we do not know when we start a new life, we tend to seek materialism because we are ignorant.

J:  We merely vacate a no longer useful vessel as the physical decays and dies.  We are spirit now.  It is set free not changed in any way.  We have done that with our lessons of spirituality to fit us for the afterlife status.

What you have explained to me regarding spirit and spirituality, but that is the reason why it supports my own theories.

There are many kids who are born remembering their past lives, and these memories tend to fade after about 7. It is believed that the memories of the current life takes over, and eventually past memories become clouded and eventually forgotten.

J:  Why would the memories be forgotten?  If they are lessons from past lives they would be the place from which to grow.  And there is another explanation - a spirit guide moving closer to give memories.

Each life we have, we grow. It is said that reincarnation is an opportunity to grown and better oneself in the current life, that is why responsibility is a huge emphasis in buddhism. I guess it depends on religous beliefs and influence, but observing how the world works and the cycles that are there, it is natural or likely for the spirit system or universe to reflect this.
J:  Human life can be understood from nature.  But nature re-seeds it does not produce from the same limb.

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”