man

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

kalyanavalli

man

Post by kalyanavalli » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:00 am

In my experience with mediums, a lot of the medium can do can be simply explained by clever series of questions and answers.  Only once in my entire life have I ever been to medium that has told me something about myself and only I know.
In my first experience, the person asked me questions like "have you ever lost an uncle" and "was he a big man".  In my opinion these questions aren't demonstrating anykind of psychic skill but are in truth "fishing questions" and even though they may be true, they are what I would call information gathering questions..

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:49 pm

You haven't been to many that were carefully taught not to ask the questions but to deliver a message as facts.  It comes with trusting your own personal spirit guide.  A strong attuned personal friendship with spirit helpers keeps us honest and available for a demonstration of spirit connection.

Anyone can read the material earth bound energies around all things.  That can startle and/or impress many seekers.  But to know the Ultimate proof of spirit continuity is to be connected with a spirit guide in mediumship.

Champagne

Post by Champagne » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:57 pm

I know what you mean. I really believe I have the ability but I myself feel unhappy at the many fakes or those that think they have something.  Many cold read. It is an art on probabilities. I think...well yes...if your lucky to come across someone that really has the gift go to them again and again. I do believe mediumship is much rarer than what it is. That is my personal opinion. But don be put off. There are people out there with real gifts albeit perhaps a handful amongst many. The main thing is you got a positive experience in the end. Its good to question.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:43 pm

Hence I call it a talent rather than a gift.  A gift is given with no responsibility to the receiver.  A talent is available to develop and hone to our own particular level of skill.  Just some thoughts......

Champagne

Post by Champagne » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Well yes like that it is I agree with you. I just think that its a talent born out of life experience and general thinking. Its like driving a car. Someone who has grown up travelling in their parent car will be better when they learn to drive from innate learning. But talent. Yes I suppose I agree with you spiritalk :) I guesse it is.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:51 pm

We do have to have some innate talents within.  What we do with them is about our personal experience.  Many a psychic sensitive has gone into business with their talents without a spiritual approach whatsoever.  To examine spirituality as a way of life, mediumship and psychic abilities are a consequence of the study.

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”