Hearing Spirit Voices during meditation

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Southern_Sky

Hearing Spirit Voices during meditation

Post by Southern_Sky » Fri May 16, 2008 5:22 pm

I don't know if this is the right section to place this post but since is more about spirit communication than anything else, I found this section appropiated.  :)

I usually don't have out of ordinary experiences when I meditate but when I do, they amazed me alot. Yesterday, I did another attemp to do automatic writing. I closed myself in the computer room, and in order to avoid outside noises, I place some headphones that muffled noises commonly use on shooting ranges. Anyway, I got my writing pad and while holding my amethyst pendulum rock on one hand, I started to do my usual ritual of chakra cleansing then I tried to place my mind in blank. This last thing, ussually don't last long since all the thoughts you don't usually think they come around.

While I was in quite state, I always look for anything that might not come from me at all. Something that not even sound like me. Well, sure enough.......out of no where, I started to hear on my right ear, a Spanish speaking voice, Not mine, since this one sound like a Mexican man. He was talking real fast and at times he slow down for one word or two. I tried to tune of what he was saying and realized that he was not talking to me, he was talking to someone else but felt like they were right behind me. Like they were wondering about what I was doing and debating among themselve trying to figure it out. I didn't say anything or question anything. Neverless, I took the headphone off for a minute and the voices stopped, put them back on and then heard the voices again but more far away like the sound was coming from a far away distance. I stopped the meditation since my cats were scrashing the door wanted to come in and cuddle as usual. However, I did find this very unusual and wonder if any of you have this experience before. ???
Love and Light Everyone!
Southern_Sky

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Each situation is an experience in learning.  It would appear that you have a clairaudience thing going on....and right in your ear...some of us 'hear' words but in the mind.  Very interesting.

Meditation is not about stopping our thinking - it is about retraining our thinking to another place....one we can create for ourselves.  When we do this, we can bring peace and harmony to body, mind, spirit and then all spirit work is possible and probable.

It is important to put protections and grounding in place if we open up to spirit realms - particularly while sitting alone.
God bless, J

mystic67

Post by mystic67 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Interesting, I never had that happen. Mine are voices in the mind as well. But everyone experiences differantly.
I know when a spirit is coming around becuase I get goosebumps that won't quit! I don't consciously ask for
them to come around either.
Donna

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:36 pm

That is how it is all about the energy.  And each of us resonates with energies in our own way.

Goosebumps are a common phenomena.  Also yawning when spirit draws close.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:03 am

mystic67 wrote:Interesting, I never had that happen. Mine are voices in the mind as well. But everyone experiences differantly.
I know when a spirit is coming around becuase I get goosebumps that won't quit! I don't consciously ask for
them to come around either.
Donna

Voices in your head are the most common forms of mediumship, a type of telepathy.

True clairvoyance is quite rare and is coming from a person throat chakra. To be able to hear different voice, accents, male, female is clairvoyance.

To hear your own voice, but KNOW you didnt think those thoughts is a form of mediumship and communications with spirit...

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:04 pm

By using the ear pieces and meditating you set a scene for physical phenomena to occur.  It might be a better practice to not do a lot of this on your own.  The reason good teachers and locations are suggested is to have someone to help in all circumstances as well as discuss the happenings for understanding.
God bless, J

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:01 pm

It true you need to know how to protect yourself, cleanse your chakra, even say a prayer, cos you never really know who you are connecting to. Caution, learn to still the mind, practise your breathing. slowing your breathing to alter a different meditative state.....

IF you do get into difficulties go directly to an experience circle leader, spiritualist church and get advice quick. Ground yourself properly and stay closed down until you really really know what you're doing and for the right reasons......

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:24 pm

astrologer50 wrote:It true you need to know how to protect yourself, cleanse your chakra, even say a prayer, cos you never really know who you are connecting to. Caution, learn to still the mind, practise your breathing. slowing your breathing to alter a different meditative state.....

IF you do get into difficulties go directly to an experience circle leader, spiritualist church and get advice quick. Ground yourself properly and stay closed down until you really really know what you're doing and for the right reasons.....

J:  This sounds to me like you are suggesting - go experiment - when the problems arise look for someone to help you out of them.  Why not go to a good source to start with - before getting into trouble?

As someone from a Spiritualist church who has been called on to help those who do foolish things without the knowledge to keep them safe, I can only recommend that all students have some knowledge before experimentation.
Getting a good teacher is highly recommended.  The internet is full of the good, the bad, the ugly.  And those perusing to do their own thing take only what seems 'easy' rather than the full program from some.
God bless, J

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”