When I close my eyes I am unable to visualise

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

trankers

When I close my eyes I am unable to visualise

Post by trankers » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:19 am

My psychic medium husband it trying to help me to learn to visualise.
All my life I have not been able to see anything when I close my eyes. All I see is darkness and I find it very difficult to meditate not being able to concentrate on images to help me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:58 pm

As all senses are used in attunement, I would suggest you find a sound or taste or smell that works for your personal attunement process.  Visual is the strongest to be sure.  

How about picking a place you have actually been/seen?  Say a cottage or quiet place in a part?  Now you have something to see - not your imagination.

AndrewJack2005

Post by AndrewJack2005 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:49 am

Does caffeine even in small amounts affect you ability of personal atonement to visualise?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:37 pm

Caffeine is a stimulant and all stimulants affect our abilities to be quiet and to use the sensitivities we all have.  They can be affected.

astrologer50

Re: When I close my eyes I am unable to visualise

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:09 am

trankers wrote:My psychic medium husband it trying to help me to learn to visualise.
All my life I have not been able to see anything when I close my eyes. All I see is darkness and I find it very difficult to meditate not being able to concentrate on images to help me. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Do you sit in peace and quiet with your husband to meditate or do you do this on your own, or through a circle?

The easiest is prob through a circle as you will be taken on guided journeys with full protection of spirit and the circle leader. But be warned it can take years before you see or hear anything. Not everyone is meant to develop or can develop.

Use self hynpotherapy tapes and use breathing techniques, count backwards slowly from 10 to 1. Slow your breathing right down, cos thats the way to enter an altered state......

Practise, practise and more pratice, bit like driving a car and how determined are you and much does it mean to you to connect and work with spirit....

Like everything else your mind is like your heart, a muscle that needs training luv

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:09 pm

While excellent advice is being offered, it must be remembered that hypnosis is NOT mediumship and vice versa.  Using such techniques does not get you in a place where you are taking charge of the whole attunement process with spirit and your own guides.  Our minds have many facets and mediumship uses one while hypnosis uses another.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:06 pm

spiritalk wrote:While excellent advice is being offered, it must be remembered that hypnosis is NOT mediumship and vice versa.  Using such techniques does not get you in a place where you are taking charge of the whole attunement process with spirit and your own guides.  Our minds have many facets and mediumship uses one while hypnosis uses another.
Self hypnosis is exactly the same as deep relaxation, an altered state! You are still completely in charge of your mind and faculties as you are with meditation and WILL get you to exactly the same place.....

I never suggested hypnosis was a form of mediumship, just a state of relaxtionat and altered state, are you feeling a bit threatened here....

Again in find you using the inappropriate word 'attunement' as if someone else is going to do something like attune you to Reiki which is nonesense

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:27 pm

This is a course in good mediumship techniques and abilities.  I have posted the material and have every right to post as I see fit.  I would suggest, strongly, you find somewhere else to challenge and abuse the teacher.  This is a site for my work, not yours.  

Hypnosis is NOT a good practice for gaining knowledge and input from spirit through meditation.  It is a relaxation technique that takes the mind into places that attunement processes do not.  If you do not understand, read up on it, and don't criticize what you have not learned.

Champagne

Post by Champagne » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:01 pm

Why not perhaps do drawing exercises. Go on courses that stimulate your artistic perception. Learning to paint and draw by using your imagination will help. Your husband could give you an idea to draw or paint and by practicing this over and over the part of your brain that good at visualising will get better. I have a brillinat ability to visualise. I have always had because when I was small I was so in pretending I was some singer or action hero to a point of being lost in that imagination. I could do that for hours, he he. I think though as a consquence it has left me with an ability that if I want to let a spirit play with my imagination so that spirit can get things across he or she can do it very well. Yes definity art lessons are the key.

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:13 pm

I've noticed in my expierence that not everyboy "sees" the same way.  

I would visualize a place, the way it made me feel, the time of day, as if looking at an old photo book.
My friend would not pick up the picture, but the feelings.  I had yet another friend who would only see color.

You must first determine how you "see" and work with that.  Little by little you can open up more and "see" other ways.  

Picture how a sunset (of any other image, this is just the first one that came to my mind) makes you feel, immerse yourself in that feeling until you feel you are actually looking at one.  Slowly add in a few colors that a sunset would have.  Soft reds dancing in your mind.  They may seem faded or bright, the important thing is that you are taking it step by step and not expecting to just be able to do it now.  As the saying goes, practice makes perfect.  As you add in more colors, start to control where they go, and their shape.  See if you can make those colors look like a makeshift sunset.  

I've also noticed that not everybody associates the same feelings with certain colors, so it is up to you to determine what the colors mean to you :)

I hope that helps a bit :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:38 pm

While the imagination is not exactly the same place for visions as meditation, it is certainly an eye opener.  That which the mind can conceive the spirit can manifest.  

Remembering we don't all have to 'see' in mediumship.  It is merely one of the senses upon which the psychic sensitivities can operate to form the talent.

Excellent advice re: color.  It is certainly one of the most important aspects of mediumship work.  And yet, we don't open ourselves to it nearly enough.  We have color around us all the time and how it affects us is the key to opening to our own sensitivities.

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”