Mediumship to be relished!

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Molissa

Post by Molissa » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:14 am

kybunker, I do the same.  As I clean my home, I see me cleaning out the old, useless, stagnant "stuff".  mentally and physically.  I use that time to quieten my mind, let my soul rest, cleanse the energies in and around me.
Same when I shower.  I will try to use the water as a cleanser and restorer.  Releasing the un-needed into the water.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:54 pm

Meditation is about letting the mind focus on other than the task at hand.  When we clean it is a time of allowing this to happen naturally.  Be assured the mind is releasing a lot of clutter by the activity itself.  But seeing it as cleaning out the old, is a good way to see yourself renewed.

Meditation is a very interesting topic - so many people have decided what it is and how it is supposed to work that they set themselves up for disappointment.

mystic67

Post by mystic67 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:15 pm

When I think of meditation, I think just really of calming and quieting my mind and my body. It's not some big deal
where you are always going to some altered state of consciousness etc. Quieting is what I try to do. If a thought pops
in to your head about the laundry thats fine. Just be still and try to calm yourself. People feel like failures at it
if they can't stop all their thoughts and "see" some great vision etc. The most wonderful thing to ever happen to
me was a feeling of peacefullness I had in my chest or heart. I just felt like I was loved and felt like I was not alone.
You can't describe it but it feels very good and every now and then you may slip into a space where time seems
to not exist which is also very nice. But if you are not a person who can sit down and relax, find other ways to meditate.
I think similar things can be achieved by walking outdoors, knitting, prayer, artwork like doing mandalas, something that
doesn't take allot of conscious thought and you can kind of get lost in it.
D

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:35 pm

Those are all wonderful descriptions of meditation - it occurs when the mind is sort of 'wool gathering' (an old expression we used to call it).  

Meditation can be designed to have a purpose as well.  When meditating for the peace then you find a visual that works to keep the body, mind, spirit at peace.  When meditating for mediumship you can use that peace state to open to and welcome your guide for message work.

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”