Lesson 12: Panchaanga.

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:15 pm

kumar69 wrote:Dear Vivekji Rahulji

What about the application part of the karanas. Visti karana is a bad karana is bad for child birth(also known as bhadra karana). What about the other karanas. How is the concept applied in charts.

regards
Namaskaar Kumar ji,
The Graha ruling the Karana will be important to Judge the over riding Yoga for Fame, Power and position. See there may be many (more than one combinations in a chart promising a good yoga, the yoga in which the Karana lord is involved will be more predominant. Its effect will be long term.

The Sthira Karanas already fall in the Dosha criteria because they fall in the Tithis that are Flawed. The chandra is very close to Surya and suffers combustion like effects. Have you read or heard the story of Budha's birth?

Every Tithi is a creation because it measures the separation of the Mother and Father factor and has two Karanas. Sakthi separates or thinks it is seperate from Shiva and indentifies itself with some attributes, name, body etc. thereby becoming an Individual. This individualisation can take two forms. Either Shiva form (Karthikeya was born of Shiva sperm) or Sakthi form (Ganesha was born from Paaravati). Both the childrens are related to Prithvi. One being called Son of Prithvi and the other is the deity for Prithvi Tatwa in the Moolaadhaara.  

RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

Iconography of Lord Dakshinamoorti.

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:31 pm

Look at the image attached. It is an Icon of Lord Dakshinamoorti.
This is the form of Shiva as a Guru.
The two Luminaries (Prakaash Grahas) Surya and Chandra is adorning his crown.
Can we identify the Panchaangas in this Image?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:07 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:
I_seek_the _truth wrote:12 represents the sun-moon longitude difference. when it is 12 it is 1st tithi, when it is 24 it is second tithi, when it is 36 it is 3rd tithi and so on.

12 * 30 is 360. which means that every lunar month has 30 tithis before a new month begins.

Is that what you wanted us to guess Vivekji..?

Or is there some deeper meaning behind the number 12 which you want us to understand.
Namaskaar Jayanth ji,
Let us wait for others to respond.

RishiRahul and vivek.
Since today happens to be Mahaa Shivaraatri. It is the best day to write on this.
Each Tithi is 12 degrees span and this means the 12 Raashis.
The exact Raashi is found by the remainder.
Taking the Chart given as an example:
Longitude of Surya: 20degrees 38 minutes in makara i.e.290deg 38 min.
Longitude of Chandra: 359deg 05 min.

Subtracting Chandra from Surya we get: 68 deg 27 min
dividing it by 12 we get a quotient of 5 and a remainder of 8 degree and 27 minutes.
Which means it is the 9th Raashi - Dhanus.
This particular Raashi will give us the clue of the purpose of birth of this child. Every birth has a purpose behind it. This is the cause of Lord Shiva and Paarvati coming together.

There is a legend connected to this auspicious night. It was on this night that the Lord appeared as a Jyotirlinga. Thus the Raashi arrived at by the calculation given will be the Jyotirlinga (there are 12 Jyotirlingas) which lights up the purpose of the Natives life. Worshipping the Jyotirlinga will help the Native understand and align the purpose of her/his life.

The tvelve Raashis and its corresponding Jyotirlinga is given below:
Mesha: Raameshwar.
Vrishbha: Somanath.
Mithuna: Naageshwar.
Karka; Omkaareshwar.
Simha: Grushneshwar.
Kanyaa: Mallikaarjuna.
Tula: Mahaakaaleshwar.
Vrischika: Vaidyanaath.
Dhanu: Vishwanaath.
Makar: Bhimaashankar.
Kumbha: Kedaarnaath.
Meena: Tryambakeshwar.

RishiRahul and vivek.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:11 am

Dear Vivek ji and Rishirahul ji,

Can you please tell why
Guru is a blessing because where Guru is death cannot enter (this is one of the reason of debilation of Guru, Makara is a crematorium -Smashaana-
How come :- Makara is a crematorium....If there is link between it being in lordship of Saturn then why not Aquarius also.

I was checking properties of Makara in Raashi Chapter also after this .There i found this
It is regarded as the emblem of Kaama deva, the love god and the vehicle of Varuna.
How come Taurus and Libra are left which are actually owned by Venus and Makara is chosen to be SYMBOL OF LOVE....

Can you kindly explain.

Regards,
Raman

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:18 am

Dear Vivek ji and Rishirahul ji,
I got one mroe query  that is regarding EK Nakshatra Dosha.
What is the reason behind this dosha.

Can we understand logical reason behind this dosha.Why 2 people when not living together this dosha will get elevate or may be start showing its effect.

One more thing..so does it mean if they will continue to live together this dosha wont show effect.

Since we are talking about family does it mean that if spouses are also having same nakshatra or pada also they will also have same Dosha or does it goes only for blood relation as mentioned by you i.e. between one of parent and child OR between siblings.

Regards,
Raman

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:45 pm

Namaskaar Raman ji,
This is easy and it has very little to do with Shani.
1. it is the raashi ruling the south direction. See the Dig chakra and the ruler of this direction.
In the villages normally the crematorium was always on the south border.
The lord of Wars, Mangal gets exalted here and it is really the Rudra. War is always more fodder for the crematoria.

The symbol of Makara raashi which is a crocodile is the vehicle of Lord Varuna and is the emblem (usually on the flag carried by the army of kaama deva) of kaama deva. kaama deva has much deeper meaning than just God of love. This is much deeper in Jyotish significance. Hope it come to you clearly (it will if you think with clarity). Some things are better kept under wraps.
RishiRahul and vivek.
Raman Deep Singh wrote:Dear Vivek ji and Rishirahul ji,

Can you please tell why
Guru is a blessing because where Guru is death cannot enter (this is one of the reason of debilation of Guru, Makara is a crematorium -Smashaana-
How come :- Makara is a crematorium....If there is link between it being in lordship of Saturn then why not Aquarius also.

I was checking properties of Makara in Raashi Chapter also after this .There i found this
It is regarded as the emblem of Kaama deva, the love god and the vehicle of Varuna.
How come Taurus and Libra are left which are actually owned by Venus and Makara is chosen to be SYMBOL OF LOVE....

Can you kindly explain.

Regards,
Raman

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:04 pm

namaskaar Raman ji,
We are not aware of the logic behind this (we have some vague ideas but nothing we are sure of). If and when we are able to decode it, we will let the forum know about it.
But be sure that we have seen it working in real time.

not spouses or other relations. Only siblings and child / parent relations come under this.

RishiRahul and vivek.
Raman Deep Singh wrote:Dear Vivek ji and Rishirahul ji,
I got one mroe query  that is regarding EK Nakshatra Dosha.
What is the reason behind this dosha.

Can we understand logical reason behind this dosha.Why 2 people when not living together this dosha will get elevate or may be start showing its effect.

One more thing..so does it mean if they will continue to live together this dosha wont show effect.

Since we are talking about family does it mean that if spouses are also having same nakshatra or pada also they will also have same Dosha or does it goes only for blood relation as mentioned by you i.e. between one of parent and child OR between siblings.

Regards,
Raman

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:36 pm

Dear vivek ji,
I will reply to your answers soon.
But about your this statement
Hope it come to you clearly (it will if you think with clarity). Some things are better kept under wraps.
I do understand your usual way of teaching and appreciate it too.Where you learn more from yourself than from anyone else even not from your guru.As it is said Guru is within everyone.
Hope it gives power and gyan to everyone who deserves it.

Regards,
Raman

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:39 am

Namaskaar Raman ji,
One hint to just keep you on the right track.
Kaama deva is also called Smara and Lord Shiva is called Smara Hara (one who destroyed Smara). Smara is Smaran. Ring a bell?
Makara is also believed to be the seat of the Mouse that Lord Ganesh rides.
The mouse is supposed to be lord Yama himself. See all the connections.
BTW Makara Raashi always reminds us of the Gajendra Moksha story.
RishiRahul and vivek.
Raman Deep Singh wrote:Dear vivek ji,
Hope it come to you clearly (it will if you think with clarity). Some things are better kept under wraps.
I do understand your usual way of teaching and appreciate it too.Where you learn more from yourself than from anyone else even not from your guru.As it is said Guru is within everyone.

Regards,
Raman

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:33 am

vivekvshetty wrote:Namaskaar Raman ji,
Kaama deva is also called Smara and Lord Shiva is called Smara Hara (one who destroyed Smara). Smara is Smaran. Ring a bell?
RishiRahul and vivek.

Regards,
Raman
Dear Vivek ji,
Let me try to put what i know and what i was able to think.
Lord shiva was the one who suggested reproduction thus Sex to be the way of creation of jeeva.Thus as a result Kaama Deva was created for this.

When kaama deva tried/tested his power over Shiva he got destroyed by him. Thus Shiva became reason for his creation and also direct destroyer and then again his recreation is done by Shiva, when devas prayed to him.

If you see kaama deva becames the reason for jeeva creation but creation of can not happen till destruction of body happens,here you can see relation with Makara.Thus more than just creation kaama deva becomes the reason for creation.

Ganesha is deity of jyotish and ketu(who is representation of moksha).
So understanding of jyotish can lead us to moksha.Also Ganesha's sitting on both kaamadeva and Yama shows his control over life and death, thus creation and destruction..

I hop i was abl to get close to main reason.

Regards,
Raman

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:53 am

If you think of Gajendra moksha story you can see link to all the above mentioned things:-
Gaja :- Ganesha
Crocodile :- Makara
Both crocodie and Gaja got :- MOKSHA

There is an indication that Kaamadeva is not just love and sex it is more than it:- Reason for creation and destruction.
Thus Emblem of kaama deva has makara.

Regards,
Raman

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:04 pm

Namaskaar Raman ji,
we were thinking on these lines.
Smara means to remember - a person has to constantly remember who she/he is to be able to perform actions in this world. this constant remembering gives life a sense of continuity we call life. When Death happens this remembering is stopped by Shiva (in the form of Mahaakaala ) and hence he (lord Shiva) is called Smarahara.
Try to imagine what happens if all your memory is wiped out.
Is not this constant remembering the cause of all desires (Kaama)?

The Gajendra Moksha reminds us of the Debilitation of Guru also Astrologically speaking.

Note; For those who have not read of the Gajendra Moksha story google it.

RishiRahul and vivek
Raman Deep Singh wrote:
vivekvshetty wrote:Namaskaar Raman ji,
RishiRahul and vivek.

Regards,
Raman
Dear Vivek ji,
Let me try to put what i know and what i was able to think.
Lord shiva was the one who suggested reproduction thus Sex to be the way of creation of jeeva.Thus as a result Kaama Deva was created for this.

When kaama deva tried/tested his power over Shiva he got destroyed by him. Thus Shiva became reason for his creation and also direct destroyer and then again his recreation is done by Shiva, when devas prayed to him.

If you see kaama deva becames the reason for jeeva creation but creation of can not happen till destruction of body happens,here you can see relation with Makara.Thus more than just creation kaama deva becomes the reason for creation.

Ganesha is deity of jyotish and ketu(who is representation of moksha).
So understanding of jyotish can lead us to moksha.Also Ganesha's sitting on both kaamadeva and Yama shows his control over life and death, thus creation and destruction..

I hop i was abl to get close to main reason.

Regards,
Raman

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:57 am

Dear Vivek ji,
Thank you fore replying...
It seems i really missed the whole meaning and messed it up :-(
with my wrong thinking.........
Sorry for disappointing you.....

Regards,
Raman

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:48 pm

Namaskaar Raman ji,
First and most important thing is, you tried!
Second you came close.
Third thing there are multiple meanings and viewpoints, yours is just as valid, with a little fine tuning.

RishiRahul and vivek.

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Dear Vivek ji,
Thank you fore replying...
It seems i really missed the whole meaning and messed it up :-(
with my wrong thinking.........
Sorry for disappointing you.....

Regards,
Raman

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:51 am

Let us calculate the tithi for the example horoscope given.
Longitude of Surya = 20 deg 38 minutes in Makara.
Longitude of Chandra = 29 degrees and 5 minutes in Meena.

Chandra = 359 deg  5 min
        minus    Surya= 290 deg 38 min
          gives us            68 deg 27 min

Divide this by 12 we get a quoteint of 5 and remainder 8 deg 27 min.
Which means 5 tithis are over and the sixth is progressing.
So we get the birth tithi to be Shashthi in Shukla Paksha.
Now does the Divisor (Twelve) ring a bell?
Can someone guess or Does anyone know what it means.
Reply ASAP.
RishiRahul and vivek.

Dear Vivek ji,

Its a late reply to your question but just thought of giving it also a try since i am trying to answer to your last asked question in this course...

12 is used to divide to calculate how many Tithis have already passed coz each tithi is equal to 12 degrees..Thus when u divide it by difference of sun and moon we come to know their distane and when divide difference by 12 we come to know how many tithis thus how many degrees has already been covered.

I hope i didnt let you down this time....:-)

Regards,
Raman

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”